ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone im johnny. im 25. i drive 2012 modded (tbe, intake, boost tubes, audi s3 shift lever, rear sway bar and mid chassis brace) gti 3 door 6spd manual..how much of a difference is insurance on a 5spd wrx sedan over the gti?

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Welcome. Absoluely no one can tell you what the insurance differences will be. You'll have to call your insurance provider for that. There are a zillion factors that will go into it

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Welcome. Absoluely no one can tell you what the insurance differences will be. You'll have to call your insurance provider for that. There are a zillion factors that will go into it
+1

My insurance company was even asking me if it was garaged, how many miles I drive a day, etc.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ic ic i know the gti is more expensive to maintain and fix than the rex in the long run

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
+1

My insurance company was even asking me if it was garaged, how many miles I drive a day, etc.
Geez lol...I just saw this my phone was loading..i was in my schools library ..Yea when i was looking last summer the dealers told me insurance would be out of this world for full coverage

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
ic ic i know the gti is more expensive to maintain and fix than the rex in the long run
That you also don't know...the 2011/2012 hasn't been out near as long as the GTI in it's current generation to tell if any LONG TERM issues will/or have/have had time to develop. Historically, Subaru has pretty good reliability pretty far over 100k+...but there's just that off chance that you never know.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
wrxtreme06 said:

This^

/thread

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Welcome, my insurance is up there due to my age and tickets

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
That was a bit harsh :rotfl:

I'd say he was trying to just get a point of reference before he calls. I'd have to agree that it's nicer to chat with some folks around here as opposed to an insurance sales person.

Though, I love talking to people at Progressive. They are so nice there.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
That was a bit harsh :rotfl:

I'd say he was trying to just get a point of reference before he calls. I'd have to agree that it's nicer to chat with some folks around here as opposed to an insurance sales person.

Though, I love talking to people at Progressive. They are so nice there.
Correct, I'd rather ask around here first. Im just trying see if they are similar or how much more the Rex would be. .... It seems my other reply to you didnt go through lol..Im just basing the GTI is more expensive to fix in general because it is german and parts are usually more expensive esp the electrical system.

I'm not saying I am going to get a rex, but I would like to know more about them since I really do like them..Maybe one day down the road.

I've had 2 wrecks (last one was in oct 2006, knock on wood) neither went on my liscense or my fault...No speeding tickets or any other citations.

If it were feasible I'd definitely part my car out, put it back to stock and get a satin white wrx sedan

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
For what it's worth, my insurance did not change appreciably going from my RSX-S to the WRX.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For what it's worth, my insurance did not change appreciably going from my RSX-S to the WRX.
Thanks for your input! This was something I was looking for, but i understand everyone's insurance is different. How do you like the Rex I think I saw your thread ? I dont know the tech name for rsx - s orange (its similar to a sunburst metallic orange right?)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'd also like to thank everyone for their help! I hope you guys don't mind me sticking around on the forums whether I get a rex or not! I look forward to learning about the Wrx's and STI's !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts