ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this may not be the best timing, since there seems to be a sarcastic battle of the regions going on between the Midwest and Rocky Mountain, but oh well. I live in Colorado currently, and as much as I love it, I need a change of scenery. I recently met a girl from Iowa, and am considering moving to be with her. I have never been there, but am going in about a month to visit her. So I guess I have to questions, one about the WRX presence in Des Moines, and one about the job market for my chosen profession, that being Backstage Theater.

I'll do the job part first. From what I can tell, there are like 13 colleges in Des Moines, with many in the surrounding area as well. This usually indicates a fairly good chance of finding work in a theater somewhere in town? This is an assumption, so I guess I am looking to get a general description of the scene there. I realize it is heavily agricultural there, but I also imagine people enjoy performance arts too. Anyone know any good venues to check out while I am there? Any info would be appreciated.

Second part is how many WRX people there are there. Coming from Colorado, the Subaru capital of the US, I imagine it is much less in Iowa. I have gotten in a bit with the WRX crowd here in Colorado, and they have been an awesome group of people to know. With some exceptions, WRX people have been very cool in my experience, both in person and on the Forums. SO yeah.....lets here it.

JH

p.s. Just FYI, there are alot of people who just love to push buttons on the Mountain States pages, but its all in good fun so keep that in mind. :wiggles: JH

·
Boba Fett
17,939 Posts
I haven't seen too much iowa activity here, heck the only guy that I know from iowa that's got a suby isn't on here. He's CR_TurboGuy on nasioc if you'd like to message him there. I don't know where he's from in Iowa though.

Good luck with this.

·
Registered
593 Posts
[rant I'm from eastern Iowa. But I don't have a WRX. As for WRX population, there is not a whole lot around here. But I don't know about the Des Moines area I don't get there much. If I'm out that way I skip Des Moines and go right to Ames. I have friends at ISU and will probably be attending there next year. As for the job market I have no idea what theater out there is like. But its easy as hell to get a tech job if your any good with computers. As for the people in Iowa, some may be a bit close minded but for the most part the people around here are good people. Subaru people or not. Did you try lookin' at Monster or any other big job search engine? If I were you I'd look into it. [/rant :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm moving to Iowa January 2nd to go to grad school at Iowa state, i guess that is pretty close to Des Moines, hopefully there will be other suby people there.

·
Registered
136 Posts
whats up !!!!
from desmoines, also i hang with another guy from here that is from dsm i have a 05 sti he has an 04 rex. we do a lot of racing/ autocross/ drags in the summer and are very active with shows and events
you can check out our pics and webpage here
www.badog.com
we also have a forum for chatting .
forum.trashproductions.com
if you even make your way here and want to chill
just contact me !!!
hope to see you this summer

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Coolness. I am coming to visit my ladyfriend sometime between now and the 16th, so a day of hangout might be fun. Giving much thought to moving there and wanna see what the scene is like there. I have a feeling that working on cars might be my primary form of recreation, as my main one of whitewater kayaking doesn't really happen within 500 miles of Iowa. I'll definetly check out your sight, and it would be cool to maybe come hang out.

JH

·
Registered
46 Posts
jnorth85 said:
whats up !!!!
from desmoines, also i hang with another guy from here that is from dsm i have a 05 sti he has an 04 rex. we do a lot of racing/ autocross/ drags in the summer and are very active with shows and events
you can check out our pics and webpage here
www.badog.com
we also have a forum for chatting .
forum.trashproductions.com
if you even make your way here and want to chill
just contact me !!!
hope to see you this summer
w00t, suby people do exist in Iowa, we should have a meet sometime after i move there :) I think i'll check out the forums too!

·
Registered
136 Posts
awesome, were really just a big group of car people who go to races and such there is a lot of diffrent cars and stuff that are involved its an awesome group we have a lot of fun and stay really active in the summer months, we alrady have a few track days reserved at gingerman raceway in michigan that we will be going to its a blast and it gives you a chance to really open your car up and see what it can do !!
in the winter we have meets and stuff like tonight we are going go kart racing then going to hooters for refreshments !!!
anyways if any of you want to contact me
just give my cell a call 515-971-3211

·
Registered
882 Posts
hey guys, I'm from Kansas City, but I'm originally from ISU and Des Moines. I'll be in town for christmas so wave if you see a 04 black rex with bronze rota SDRs with the JDM bodykit =]

·
Registered
136 Posts
will do, i probly wont be out in my car until spring but this summer you should come up for a meet and go to some races with us !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts