ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. what is the max whp a wrx can hold with a stock tranny? i also want to know what kind of setup i should go with. i want to stick with the tmic so please help me out. thanks

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Going beyond 300hp would probably be pushing it on the stock transmission - if you want to start modding, I'd say go with Stage2 (TBE+EM) ;)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am already on a stage 2. i just want to go bigger. what can i do to make the tranny better?

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
hey, it worked for me

2006 STI trans swap

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry to hijack, but what is it about the 2006 STI tranny's that makes them easier to swap than any other year STI?

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
1:1.1 center diff mates up to the WRX front and rear diffs

I think that's it anyway - honestly, I don't know. I got lucky, I bought my 2006 STI trans from someone who had already performed the swap into their 2003. All the work was already done regarding figuring out what was needed. I just bought his old setup and had it put it in my 2002.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
1:1.1 center diff mates up to the WRX front and rear diffs

I think that's it anyway - honestly, I don't know. I got lucky, I bought my 2006 STI trans from someone who had already performed the swap into their 2003. All the work was already done regarding figuring out what was needed. I just bought his old setup and had it put it in my 2002.
Anson explained it somewhere.. 02-05's the 1:1.1 mates up... So if you get an 06, you have to get an 02-05 rear diff.

At least that's what I understood.. and I'm pretty sure I got it.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
3200 complete (trans, mount, flywheel, clutch, linkage, trim piece, shift boot, console, axel stubs, circlips)

right place at the right time

1 - 12 of 12 Posts