Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here. I just put a deposit on a 2022 WRX Premium. I also have a deposit on a 2023 BRZ. Reason? I have a devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other. :LOL: I really want the BRZ for the driving experience and handling. But, The WRX is more practical. The BRZ won't arrive till December. The WRX will be here in 3 weeks. There's no way for me to convey all of the different variables that go into my decision (I own an F150 for long trips with the dog. The BRZ wouldn't work for that, the WRX might. I like to bike, so the WRX would probably get a roof rack. Can't do that on a BRZ, but I could take the F150), and I don't expect anyone here to make the decision for me, but I thought joining the forum and finding out how real owners feel about the car would help me make up my mind. Glad to be a part of a community that shares info and helps each other out. (y)

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Welcome. My 2 cents: If you have the F150 for bikes, dog driving, etc., I'd go for whichever one will be the most fun for you. I can't say which would be more fun, though. I have never driven a BRZ and my WRX is nearly 10 years old, and quite different than the new ones. I'd never choose a BRZ over my hatch, but that's me. I think you're set either way, though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha what type of dog. Their sizes vary a lot … Great Dane vs Chihuahua. Also we’re you able to test drive a WRX and BRZ before putting the deposit down?
Yellow Lab about 65 lbs. I have been able to test drive a BRZ. I had originally put a deposit on an A/T (but I really wanted an M/T). Test drove it and nah.. wasn't what I wanted. Loved the handling, but seems like it would be pretty cramped with a dog. I can use the F150 for trips if the dog doesn't work for the BRZ. But the WRX might work for both. Still deciding. Practicality and all wheel drive vs small great handling N/A sports car. Rough decision.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts