ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Finally got a WRX after years and years of waiting and saving cash. Its an 04, not an STI, dont have that kinda money yet. Im going to put rims and tires to start.......after that I want to start modding the engine and I need some input as to what I should do first. I know there are probably threads for this so if anyone can direct me than that would be awesome. But if anyone can help than that would be sweet too. So, start with an intake?? exhaust?? Someone told me to get a chip but I dont know much about that. Anyways, Ill start my research. Any help is much appreciated. Im fu#%ing stoked!Cheers!!

·
Premium Member
11,095 Posts
Get a turbo back exhaust of your choice, an catless up pipe, and some sort of engine management (cobb acessport) and be happy.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Personally, I would leave stock rims and tires for now and get some springs. Then get yourself a nice turbo back exhaust and some engine managment.

If your looking for rims, look into painting your stockers, those always give a good look to your car.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet well thanks for the helpe everyone......ya thats a pretty sweet idea to paint the ol'stockers.....Do that for the winter set and then have a separate set for the summer on different rims. Worked well on my old car as well. I dont know anything about accessports so Ill start my research now.......I guess I could get one off ebay or somethin hey? Pretty easy to install I imagine....do it yourself? Thanks again!

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Accessport from Cobb is one of the easiest things you can do for the modification path as well as its reliability, and its abilities to work with and help with mods in the future.

Personally, I think getting rid of the stock Re92s is a great idea. Some stiffer walled tires (from having larger rims) and tires with good traction will make your handling much greater. My tuner has said he's been getting a lot of great reports of WRXs and STIs running great with High performance all seasons, which is a great idea so you don't have to swap out winters and summers and sacrifice performance.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sh!t, not a bad idea either.....Any input on what kind of all seasons would be good?? You are right, that would definately be nice to have all season performance on larger rims without having to swap. Cheers!

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
Sh!t, not a bad idea either.....Any input on what kind of all seasons would be good?? You are right, that would definately be nice to have all season performance on larger rims without having to swap. Cheers!
BFGoodrich G-Force Super Sport A/S

^^^I've read a lot of great reviews on this tire actually performing like a good summer tire, yet having great wet and snow abilities...

I am probably going to go for the same thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just like you

I'm new to the scooby world also. I just bought a 04 wrx not sti. Like you i didnt have the money. But I just bought the BFG gforce 225/40/18 and I'm waiting for my new wheels to show up. (Konig Hotswaps) Cant wait to see what they look like on my car. But like you I dont know where to start for performance upgrades. Everyone seems to like the exhaust, intake, cobb tunning port start. So I think that is what I'm going to do. I'm not really looking to make huge hp but would like to stomp any other wrx that pulls up next to me. If you do any mods let me know how they turn out for ya and maybe I can follow that path too. I will deff cheers you to this.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sweet dude sounds good! I just picked my car up last night actually. Its unreal I fu*#ing love it! But ya Im gonna start modding in the next month when i get established with the new job and such so Ill keep ya posted....Im thinkin the accessport might be first on the list though. Good luck and keep me posted as well.....cheers!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts