ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Black, Borla exhaust catback exhaust, 70 k miles, 5 speed and the previous owner lowered it a bit. I have a question about shifting. I know the best shift is a smooth "automatic" shift where the passengers dont really notice, but if its not the cleanest shift are you still "burning clutch" or shortening the life of your clutch? trying to do all maintenance on my own. Also wanting to do minor mods for maybe some mild power gain, but not kill my fuel economy. Still a noob. First car btw :D

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Honestly up to stage 2 I noticed an increase in fuel economy..

welcome

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
Welcome, i ran stage 2 on my car and got a noticeable power increase as well as 3 more mpg its a win win

·
and the Funky Bunch
6,124 Posts
Welcome! Do some googling for rev-matching, it's one of the things you can do that will help your transmission stay happy longer.

And don't go launching the car, these cars don't like it very much ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What mods consist of stage 2? Also planning on getting new brake calipers, and new disc/rotors. They're kinda rusty looking, and 60k maintenance to be safe.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Rev-matching makes a huge difference. I notice on some vehicles (buddies truck's mostly) it really doesn't make a huge difference, but if you don't rev match on my WRX the downshifts feel really harsh.

As for tuning, I went from 22.5 mpg to 26.5 after I went stage 2.

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the Club! :wave:

·
The Default One
4,489 Posts
100% of the Premium Sedan's sold in 2005 had the "Power Moonroof".

I just checked the Vin from my old car and Subaru didn't break down the premium/non-premium packages out in the Vin code. VIN: how to read a Subaru Vehicle Identification Number

The dealers often install the spoiler separately.

Anyway, it's cool that you found one with low miles, and hope you get that rust taken care of. Enjoy, brah.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^ Guess I dont have the premium then. The paper that had the cars stats had premium on it. Weird. Well I have question. Lets say Im crawling down the road in 1st gear and I quickly gas it/floor it and I hard what seems to be something "shaking" one to two times that sounds like its coming from under the hood what could this be? I got it looked at and they didnt find anything but Im pretty paranoid.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts