ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry mods, but I posted this in two forums cause I need quick advice. So you can erase one if you have to.

As its been getting colder outside, my car has been acting very weird. When I first start it up it idles about about 1800rpms. It has been hesitating at low rpms, and idling weird when im stopped, and when its night or colder, a CEL pops up. I do not know of an Autozone near me that can check the code, but Ill find a place, as for now do you guys have any thoughts?

Here are my mods

Catless turboback
Uppipe with removed egt sensor
Deadbolt pnp td04

Thats it, nothing else. I dont see how these mods could make this happen, and I know subaru would tell me its my fault. This CEL and weird idiling is starting to freak me out.

Oh and I dont think its bad gas, cause this only happens when its cold out.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
When you first start it up it should idle slightly higher to help expidite the warm up process. As for the wierd idle if you don't have a BOV the only thing I can think of is maybe a loose vacuum hose. I'd get the CEL read soon just to be safe.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know when you start it it revs higher, but not 1800, it only revs to 1800 when the CEL comes on and its colder out. I was thinking it could be the plugs, I want to take it to subaru, but I have a feeling they will laugh in my face, but I do not think its my fault if I have only exhaust components.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Do you have the Downpipe CEL fix installed? I have heard about bad things happening when you don't have it with a Catless Turboback. I have heard of things as bad as going into full limp mode in one instance, though I just heard didn't see it. But in my case, the car would get a CEL and would run pretty rich, and not as smoothly, until I got the CEL fix. You might try that if you haven't already. There's a cheap mechanical fix that you can do (just search it on here) or several electronic ones that you can buy. Guess its what we gotta deal with when the ECU's get as detailed as they get these days.

JH

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i should of mentioned I had the perrin CEL fix, so its not that. I think its the spark plugs, but this car is different than my old jeep, I can barely see where the spark plugs are on this, though I know where they are, i can not figure out how to get them out.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Electric-Mayhem said:
Do you have the Downpipe CEL fix installed? I have heard about bad things happening when you don't have it with a Catless Turboback. I have heard of things as bad as going into full limp mode in one instance, though I just heard didn't see it. But in my case, the car would get a CEL and would run pretty rich, and not as smoothly, until I got the CEL fix. You might try that if you haven't already. There's a cheap mechanical fix that you can do (just search it on here) or several electronic ones that you can buy. Guess its what we gotta deal with when the ECU's get as detailed as they get these days.

JH
Iirc cels from missing cats do not cause the car to go into limp mode...I had my turbo back on and one night it popped up and the car ran no differently then before.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I just got done dealing with this very problem. My problem was bad gas. Water in the tank or something when the car was cold it wouldn't hardly idle and had terrible hesitation but then when I added two bottles of Heat the problem went away. Been fine ever since

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Check your PMs. Also make sure to check your BOV. You sold me your Greddy so I'm assuming you put the stock back on or another BOV. If it's leaking at idle it will make the car run like ass. It won't keep idle and will cause hesitation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts