ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The movie "Hero", staring Jet Li is now out.
I really enjoyed this film and thought it was great in many aspects.

I really liked the movie. The story is a bit confusing at first, but it starts to unfold and everything really comes together. Nothing was predictable in this movie IMO.
It was very artistic and that was a big part of the movie. The way they use colors to symbolize different events and different times (truth vs lie) is really incredible to me.

chunks: I guess you dont apreciate the artistic aspect of this movie, which was pretty much all it was. I am not really sure how you could say you are sick of these "people flying, croutching tiger" movies. There really havnt been many...... what did you expect? another blood filled, pointless story thats only good to show off the mindless action? yeah, because theres not much of that in todays cinima:rolleyes:

Eitherway, I highly recommend this movie if you have an apreciation for art and "deeper meaning", and some pretty incredible swords fighting.

:wiggles: :wiggles: :wiggles: :wiggles: :wiggles: 5/5

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
I'm gonna go see it next weekend probably.

On the way out of the theater I'll probably end up dropkicking a 9-year old in the parking lot because of teh cool skills that I'll learn. :wiggles:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Well, you're in for something, not good IMO. I watched a DVD rip that was fan subbed about 2 months ago. I pretty much hated it. but i'm not a fan of wires and flying and twirling **** like that. Its much more into the mental aspect of martial arts than anything else. The sucky thing is the movie could easily have been compacted to about 30 minutes. It basically retells the same thing 3 times except the first 2 times you saw it were not what happened etc.

I am a huge fan of Jet Li, and his performance was fine, it was just a dumb story.

For good parts it has a very cool unique style to it, awesome imagery as well. Very clean and well filmed. I just couldn't stand the script.

·
Registered
17 Posts
it came out in Asia like 2 years ago or something...regardless, Jet Li is awesome.
A wee bit too much talking not enough crazy flying sword fights.
Im going to have to say that the scene in the Palace with the huge drapes was very cool.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
honestly i am tired of these crouching tiger-type movies.

I watched that one on a plane on the way to europ and it made me fall asleep. (i do thank the director for aiding me in sleep, as it would be hell otherwise)

Seriously though, if I wanted to see people fly around I would have watched Superman II.
(the villains at least had cool latex suits)

And yes I know you are a 'big fan' of martial arts :rolleyes:

I am looking forward to a foreign film from taiwan or china that does NOT contain this stupid wire ****, frankly i'm tired of it.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
I can't really recall THAT many martial arts films (mainstream ones) with crouching-tiger-esque wire flying nonsense.

I can think of far more "shoot em up" movies that are similar. Rush hour, lethal weapon, etc. Everything today is hackneyed, I suppose it's personal taste :)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I thought the movie was awsome, I got it off of ebay for like 14 dollars like 8 months ago. I really like how they use the colors and just the over all look. The fighting was pretty cool, I think the Donni Yen v. Jet Li fight is really an awsome fight.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
ebr0t said:
:wiggles: :wiggles: :wiggles: :wiggles: /5

crouching tiger v kill bill it seemed.
I don't think it is much like kill bill, of course it is a lot like Crouching Tiger because of time period and all of that. I never really liked Kill Bill much, and the directing style in Hero was just awsome. Much more cenematic then either Kill Bill or Tiger.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LemonHerb said:
I don't think it is much like kill bill, of course it is a lot like Crouching Tiger because of time period and all of that. I never really liked Kill Bill much, and the directing style in Hero was just awsome. Much more cenematic then either Kill Bill or Tiger.
werd. I am still amazed by the use of colors, and abstract stuff in the film.

Not like kill bill in the least bit IMO, infact its pretty much the complete opposite

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I am not a Tarintino fan at all, but I haven't seen all his movies but I haven't really liked what I saw of them. So for him to throw some money around and get his name put on the US release of this film only cheapens it in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Great movie. The camera works was as good as the 1st lord of the rings.

Story was great up until the very end (Not a fan of all the suicide stuff). There was 1 scene where the 2 guys were dipping in and out of water screaming, that was lame... I couldn't get my carcassian wife to stop laughing through that scene either :mad:

Overall, great movie. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts