Blitz sus intake (not new)
VF22
GT spec header and uppipe
Perrin inlet pipe
Perrin crank pulley
Perrin catch can
Greddy E-01
Greddy E-manage

Perrin FMIC on the way ! I would have attached my Invidia catback but my room was not big enough !

·
Registered
7 Posts
What type of header wrap is that? Where did you get it?

·
Registered
128 Posts
how much for all that?

·
Registered
93 Posts
dizastical,

I've been going back and forth with this whole VF22 thing...its really killing me. When do you expect everything to be installed and running? I'd really like to know how everything works out with the VF22, I may end up getting one after telling myself I wouldnt upgrade to another turbo. Did you get the wastegate ported on it too?

Thanks for the pics,
-Matt

·
Registered
841 Posts
Did u wrap those????? That is beautiful... :eek: :eek: :thumbup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Vette Dude said:
Did u wrap those????? That is beautiful... :eek: :eek: :thumbup:
I concur...it does look sweet...quick question tho...is there a difference if decided to get my headers thermal coated as opposed to getting it wrapped? Just wanted to know for my own future modding.

thanks, Ghost

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dr. Nick - It is a GT spec header . I got it from XX tuning (sorry god but it was only $450 shipped because I bought some perrin stuff too .)

wrxdrvr4life - I dont have time right now to add it up . I did sell off most of my STI parts to buy all this ! So I have not spent as much as you might think !

STiLL WILL - Ok here is the deaL ..... Everyone thinks that 330 AWHP is the most I can get out of a vf22 BUT , I know of a wrx that is putting down 330 on a 2.0 . Plus XX tuning put a vf22 on a cmpletely stock STI and it put down 280 AWHP on a dyno that STI's are 250 AWHP stock . I have added up all the figures and I think that I may be ablr to hit 350 AWHP . NO NOS or Race Gas . It will be close but I accept the challenge .

Invisiguard - I ported and polished the wastegate myself . This is the third turbo I have done it too . I then noticed that the GT spec uppipe is huge compared to the stock diameter . I place the gasket for the uppipe to the turbo , over the uppipe ans it matched perfectly . When I put the gasket up to the turbo exhaust inlet it was very small compare to the uppipe . So I traced the diameter and opened up a full 1/2 " of material on the turbo ! I polished that too . It was a great find . Now spool up should be even faster and MORE POWER !

silver ghost - I used DEI wrap from summitt racing . It was like $45 shipped for a 50' x 2" roll . I needed more for the uppipe though ! So I bought a roll of 15' x 2" to finish the job . The wrap is alot less expensive than the coating and just as effective .

·
Registered
53 Posts
I will take two of those please! One for my car and one for my wall!

·
Registered
279 Posts
The old racer in me knows that wrapping keeps more heat in the system than coating. A good thing. My cheap a$$ side knows that the pipes will waste away in short order if they are just wrapped. Headers are expensive, in the past I've done both...

Coat to protect the pipes. Wrap them for more power.

At times running AS sucks. No power toys....

·
Banned
968 Posts
Take off the intake manifold when putting on that turbo inlet hose. It will make it a lot easier.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Think you misunderstood my question. I have ordered at gtspec too and was asking about the wrap (which you did answer..thanks). One more question tho...did the header come with all the gaskets, etc. needed for install?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts