ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.subaruofriverside.com/en_US/frm_index.chtml?noc=1&pageName=VehicleDetails_1&overrideUrl=http://nitra.subaruusa.com/riverside-ca/en_US/VehicleDetails.jsp?siteId=b43e64c80e3c100488390003ba1952a8&version=live&page_type_layout=VehicleDetails_subaru&pageName=VehicleDetails_1&search=preowned&web_id=subaru-riverside-ca&id=864547664

well theres the ling to the page wiht pix and info about the car if you scroll down on the page.... check out what the car has and tell me if it would be a good buy..... i know its not manual but.... it looks good im not to happy about the single over head cam though dule would be much better

well tel me what you guys think

thanks!

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
http://www.subaruofriverside.com/en_US/

well theres the ling to the page wiht pix and info about the car if you scroll down on the page.... check out what the car has and tell me if it would be a good buy..... i know its not manual but.... it looks good im not to happy about the single over head cam though dule would be much better

well tel me what you guys think

thanks!
I cant see the car just their homepage

·
5,780 Posts
Do all 2.5l sti and wrx have single cams?? i thought only non turbo 2.5l had single cams.

·
5,780 Posts
The car looks good if you want an auto, that is a deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Do all 2.5l sti and wrx have single cams?? i thought only non turbo 2.5l had single cams.
This may have something to do with it.

The website says, "The features and options listed are for the 2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan (Natl) 2.5 i Manual and may not apply to this specific vehicle."

Seems kind of odd that they would go through the effort of posting the wrong mechanical information. :screwy:

-CZ

·
5,780 Posts
This may have something to do with it.

The website says, "The features and options listed are for the 2006 Subaru Impreza Sedan (Natl) 2.5 i Manual and may not apply to this specific vehicle."

Seems kind of odd that they would go through the effort of posting the wrong mechanical information. :screwy:

-CZ
yea thats not the same engine, the WRX has the dual cams.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Well, the person had the car long enough to black out the tail lights and purchase new wheels. Which leads me to believe that they most likely had a few mods on it. Are the mods still intact? If so what are they. If no mods are claimed it would be best to have the guys there check and see if there was ever a MBC or so on a so forth.

EDIT: Its an auto so you can expect it has been launched pretty hard a few times. I would not give them over $19,000.

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
thats what i was thinking. i wouldnt buy a modded car. especially for that kind of money

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I motor is stock no mods only mods it has is the wheels, tint, and the said a exaust but from what I saw it looks like just a tip or just the can...

I was going to go test drive it today after work just to see how it drives... they had a few 08s on the lot as well but only in blue (do the only come in blue?) I still owe quite a bit on my trade in so that might be a problem...but the manager of the store said he wanted my truck on his lot and hed make sure I got a good deal so that can be plus...

I know for a fact that the motor in the car listed is a 2,5l tubro so it probley is a dohc... they are laggin on their web site the have a blue wrx mt still on it and they told me it was sold....

I like how you all think! my brain was thinkin sweet I don't have to buy rims, exaust, tent he windows... lol never thought the PO could of drove it like a mad man...or woman...

·
Registered
656 Posts
I still owe quite a bit on my trade in so that might be a problem...but the manager of the store said he wanted my truck on his lot and hed make sure I got a good deal so that can be plus...
Thats what they all say so they can get you in the door to increase their odds of making money off you, just a warning. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
ya I thought about that...if that's the case I get up and walk away..
I always go into th dealership with some made up lie to mae them think the dealer down the street told me this price for my truck, this price for the wrx and this number for my monthly payment... so when they try to say ''well put 2000$ down and we can do it''

I say no sorry I'm not putting any money down...sorry but my going back to so n so down the street to take them up on what they offered and say peace! and 9 times out of 10 they make a better deal

like when I bought my titan the sticker price was 27000... I ended up getting the truck for 21000 sooo these dealers can go real low on the price tag at least 5 to 6 grand down and still be making money...

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was very put off by the sales staff at Subaru Riverside. I have found the guys at San Bernardino and irvine were much more pleasant. was originally shopping for new, and the staff there was not very good, and the manager was very rude.

I ended up getting my 07 at a non suby dealer in Moreno-valley as a used car.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok so my weekend was full of shaddy car salesmen trying to sell me any car on the lot.. but I got to hand it to them they do work hard lol..

but I found this car its not a wrx but its nice.. its a 03 audi A4 tubro AWD. it has 35000 miles and is15000 bucks..

anyone know the difference in turbos between the audi and the wrx? why is it that the wrx need 91 octane and the audi uses regular? or do they both use 91 and am I just trippin?

·
5,780 Posts
ok so my weekend was full of shaddy car salesmen trying to sell me any car on the lot.. but I got to hand it to them they do work hard lol..

but I found this car its not a wrx but its nice.. its a 03 audi A4 tubro AWD. it has 35000 miles and is15000 bucks..

anyone know the difference in turbos between the audi and the wrx? why is it that the wrx need 91 octane and the audi uses regular? or do they both use 91 and am I just trippin?
both take premium, the difference is that audi are less reliable than subies. but the interiors are nice. any warranty left on it?

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
audis and wrx's both use premium. my mom has an a3 and my brother works for audi. they're really great cars and i wouldnt mind having an a4 quattro.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ya its still under factory warrenty..that's a big plus ya I was kinda thinking the audi should take 91oct... also its at the same dealership that has some wrxs and sti's so I have a few choices but the A4 is nice and they have a good choice of aftermarket parts... the only thing I'm not digging is the 1.8L but I guess the trubo and the AWD make up for that... the car is a metallic light blue.. I think it woud look sick with some black rims and some window tint

·
5,780 Posts
ya its still under factory warrenty..that's a big plus ya I was kinda thinking the audi should take 91oct... also its at the same dealership that has some wrxs and sti's so I have a few choices but the A4 is nice and they have a good choice of aftermarket parts... the only thing I'm not digging is the 1.8L but I guess the trubo and the AWD make up for that... the car is a metallic light blue.. I think it woud look sick with some black rims and some window tint
i had an 2001 A4 QT 5mt 1.8t and it was not nearly as fast as my 2003 5mt wrx. but it was a nice smooth riding car. Subarus are cheaper to mod as well, but the A4 will not be as much of a problem with cops and street racers trying to race you.

you mentioned an STI??? if you can possibly afford it that is the way to go.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ya the dealer has a white 06 STI for 24000... if I can talk him down to let least 20 ill go for the sti....but its hard to beat 35000 miles for 15000 on the audi... but I hve to say I'd like the STI a lot more....not so sure the wife will but I guess that would keep her from taking off in my car lol!.. cause I know she will be driving th audi everywhere!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts