Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Moderating on the run!
7,320 Posts
Very nicely done. A decatted stock pipe-performance, not leak prone, looks totally stock, cost- zippo. Now maybe my oe uppipe will sell;) .

Thanks for taking the effort to documenting this mod.

Big Sky

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Props to GLwagon. I've seen a lot of posts around the net about this subject and your post is the first to offer helpful - very helpful - advice! Very nicely done.

misterx

·
Registered
499 Posts
The first car I ever bought was a 1987 CRX. The price was a joke, so cheap, I bought it without a test-drive proper. Come to find it was a DOG. No power, I'm saying it was faster to walk places. I spent a few days trying to figure out why the thing would not rev well, ran rich...just plain sucked.

I finally got around to the exhaust system, pulled the cat(One HUGE one right after the exhaust manifold). It was melted, a solid chunk of crap pluggin the whole thing. I guess someone ran leaded gas in the car or something. I took a huge screwdriver and about 2 hours later I had a gutted cat. Bolted it back up, went for a drive....oh my! New car, I loved it. Then some dumb-arse pulled out in front of me, and I woke up in the hospital, t-boned after the first impact. CRX was a crumpled lump of steel(I still have some glass in my arm from it).

Long story for saying: I've done that, just figure out a way to bust up the cat, and make sure its all out. A drill with a wire brush can do amazing things in there.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
hey hey, welcome to the glass in the arm club brembo i've got some too! mine is from a '94 land rover discovery...

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
It'll take some time, but that glass will work its way out of you arm. It's a bit disgusting, but you can deal with it.

X

1 - 10 of 10 Posts