ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help, I just bought a 2002 subaru wrx... im getting ready to buy some parts but I dont know where to start... perfomance wise.. what should i get first???like an up pipe, or cat back exhaust? I am just now starting to learn about my rex, (im am used to hearin about hondas) Please help my email is [email protected] or aol im sexygal8301 Thanx!!!

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
I hate to bust your bubble, but if you're serious about performance, you're going to have to do some reading and gain a better understanding of how things work, otherwise be prepared to spend a whole bunch of money to have someone else do everything for you. Anyway, at least start with an Up-pipe, Turbo-back exhaust, and Accessport. Those are common first-time mods and will give you a good bang for the buck.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,982 Posts
I strongly disagree with any modification to the motor, especially as a first modification.

A car should be modified from the ground up, *not* the engine bay down.

Look at replacing the stock Bridgestones, improving the braking, improving the handling, and improving the suspension first.

The stock motor provides more than adequate power and is not a limitation. If you don't believe me, find yourself your favourite 10 km of twisty road or so, and see how often you lift off the throttle. It's not the power that limits the car's speed realistically, it's the dynamics.

Shorter braking distances, better turning lines, more traction out of tight corners all will make a tremendous difference in how fast the car covers ground and how fun it is. I'd suggest looking there instead of under the hood.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
turbowrx02 said:
u really think i understand all that??? I am a girl... i dont know what half of that means... i need advise on what to do first....not how they work...
If you don't know how something works, don't modify it. Period.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If all of your friends drive hondas... then you definately got something on them...

A honda is a four banger economy car... it's not supposed to go fast, you have a wrx, you are fast...

I agree with the rims and suspension first... If you buy a cat-back... you are practically buying the first of three parts... add a downpipe, and you have a turbo-back, and with a cat-back you'll still pass emissions... I'd definately start with rims....

BTW... in a big f'cking thee BEST mod that one can do is learn how to drive and control their car.... :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts