ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was going to get a Subaru wrx for my first car but I don't know what is the best year to get off of the looks of it. If you could help thank you.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,362 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
That’s like asking someone over the phone if the shoes you’re trying on fit right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That’s like asking someone over the phone if the shoes you’re trying on fit right.
I know I was just asking what you prefer because I cant get a new car for Highschool.

·
11,586 Posts
I know I was just asking what you prefer because I cant get a new car for Highschool.
Highschool? You don't need a wrx at all.

We can talk in length about all of the various reasons a highschool aged kid has no business with a performance car of any ilk, but I'll opt for a few major points.

You don't have the required skills to drive a non performance based vehicle. Considering their higher the performance capability of a car goes the less apt you are to be able to handle it or react when shit hits the fan.

And it will hit the fan because....

Cars like this enable and promote riskier driving regardless of age. A little pull here, a hard corner there. The younger you are the more susceptible to peer pressure to take more risks, ones that even at professional levels are hard to minimize when you are talking about public roads.

In turn this makes a far less safe vehicle, not only for you but the poor people on the roads around you. Every time you drive like a dick, and you will, the chances of you injuring yourself and others is extremely high because you don't have the knowledge, experience, or judgement to be able to hedge that bet.

This in turn makes insuring you in the car insane to the point insurance rates will be prohibitive, if your parents insurance will even cover a high risk driver in a higher risk situation.

You should look into reliable, safe, and affordable vehicles like civics, accords, camrys, corollas, or any of that ilk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts