ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my car has a problem and i dont know what it is , every time i refuel the car dont want to start , its not the cap because if the car is running and i remove the cap it dont quit , but if is running and i put gas on the tank it quits , i dont practice this i just did it w testing porpouses, and the results are that every time i pour fuel on the tank the car dont want to start it never did this before this is driving me nuts all the fuel lines are in the place they belong i dont know where else to look ? anybody

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
--are you using the same station every time? is so, try different station.

--maybe try a fuel cleaner that takes out any moisture that could be trapped in the fuel system.

--does this happen when you let it go all the way to E or does it happen regardless?

--try a good fuel system cleaner/additive also to maybe clean out any possible junt/sediment trapped en route.

--whats the weather like right now there?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
happends regardless the tank is full or empty , the weather here has always been the same hot as hell on every seasson , and it happends on every gas station i go

·
Registered
61 Posts
So it sounds like you're adding gas while the car is running? First of all, at all mainland US stations, they specifically tell you not to do that, in case of fire or whatever. I've never seen the inside of a WRX fuel tank but here's a possiblilty. As that gas is rushing in there at something like 8-10 gpm, it's creating alot of bubbles. You may be sucking air bubbles into your fuel pump. Usually there's some time between finishing fueling and starting the car, and the bubbles have time to rise to the top and the air to vent out of the tank.

I'm an engineer at a shipbuilder and I know when we perform full speed reversal stops, and churn up a bunch of bubbles, the seawater pumps can suck bubbles and the cooling pumps will airlock. Might be the same phenomenon with your fuel situation.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WR Blue Pearl said:
So it sounds like you're adding gas while the car is running? First of all, at all mainland US stations, they specifically tell you not to do that, in case of fire or whatever. I've never seen the inside of a WRX fuel tank but here's a possiblilty. As that gas is rushing in there at something like 8-10 gpm, it's creating alot of bubbles. You may be sucking air bubbles into your fuel pump. Usually there's some time between finishing fueling and starting the car, and the bubbles have time to rise to the top and the air to vent out of the tank.

I'm an engineer at a shipbuilder and I know when we perform full speed reversal stops, and churn up a bunch of bubbles, the seawater pumps can suck bubbles and the cooling pumps will airlock. Might be the same phenomenon with your fuel situation.
what you say its very true but keep in mind i stated that i refueled w the car running just to perform a test i dont usually do this i belive if you do this soon or later the car will show a cel light for this but this is not the case i let you guys know tomorrow when i refuel my car because i think i already nail this one , ill tell you guys tomorrow lets see if all the hours of tranning will pay off in this one

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no problem on any system , two lines of the fuel system where mixed not the ones on the area of the fuel fiter but underneath the air plenum on the fuel rails

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
koki said:
no problem on any system , two lines of the fuel system where mixed not the ones on the area of the fuel fiter but underneath the air plenum on the fuel rails
how'd that happen?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
some how when i was building my bottom end i mixed up the hoses on reassembly its my fault but everything is good know thank God , and thank to all the people who gave me the hand and advise on this

1 - 9 of 9 Posts