Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, im looking to purchase white rota grids for a 02 wrb wrx.

Would 18 x 9.5's with a 35 offset fit without rolling the fenders?

would i need a spacer to clear the brakes?

would there be any problem with having these wide rims on a stock wrx suspension?

Im also looking for a -4 camber, what would i need to buy in order to have a -4 camber with these rota grids.

and about the tires, are there any pros/cons to stretched and non stretched tires because i really like the stretched tire look.

Would running this setup affect the suspension in any way?

I dont know much on this therefore im looking for help from you guys that have ran or are running this setup or know about it.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,709 Posts
the set up youre looking at is "hellaflush"

yes, you need to roll the fenders.

yes, there can be problems with having this set up.
(i'm sure BRFATAL will chime in with the specifics ;))

you need to look at 18x8.5 at the widest & have an offset of mid-high 40's.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is some info on wheels. I really can't tell you if they will work or not because I don't know much in this area. This link has some good info though...maybe it will help maybe it won't!

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=450557
thanks for the link!

the set up youre looking at is "hellaflush"

yes, you need to roll the fenders.

yes, there can be problems with having this set up.
(i'm sure BRFATAL will chime in with the specifics )

you need to look at 18x8.5 at the widest & have an offset of mid-high 40's.
Yea hellaflush / aggresive stance

Howcome 8.5 the widest? ive seen many bugeyes with 9-10 rims with 25-35 offsets

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i also want to include that obviously in order to get this setup i will need an aftermarket suspension so im looking for decent coilovers that arent too pricy (hoping for under $1000) and also with this, is there anything else i will need to obtain -3.5 - -4.0 camber?

·
Banned
2,054 Posts
^ And the bugeye owners who put that junk on their car should be shot in the face and their car repossessed.

Nothing about what you are wanting to do is remotely a good idea. Those wheels will make your car handle like a pig, make it less reliable, less convenient, and will limit your tire choices. Not only that but tire stretching is dangerous. With the amount of camber you want to run your tires are going to last your only a couple thousand miles anyways. Not only that but there are zero good coilovers under $1,500.

Hellaflush is a cancer to the automotive enthusiast community.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
^ And the bugeye owners who put that junk on their car should be shot in the face and their car repossessed.

Nothing about what you are wanting to do is remotely a good idea. Those wheels will make your car handle like a pig, make it less reliable, less convenient, and will limit your tire choices. Not only that but tire stretching is dangerous. With the amount of camber you want to run your tires are going to last your only a couple thousand miles anyways. Not only that but there are zero good coilovers under $1,500.

Hellaflush is a cancer to the automotive enthusiast community.
lmfao everyone has their own opinion :rotfl:
i do agree with you on the camber, i might just settle with -2.5 - -3 camber in the front and -2 in the back. The wheel size... i dont want anything smaller than 9" because im looking for an aggressive stance, and i dont think im gonna go with the tire streching either

what decent coilovers are there?

·
Banned
2,054 Posts
The problem is that it's an opinion based on facts regarding what running aggressive setups does to cars. You're going to limit what tire sizes you can run, reduce your tire contact patch, increase tramlining, reduce steering response, run heavier wheels that you're not going to benefit from, put extra stress on the entire suspension, and be forced to do irreversible and potentially rust inducing mods to the car. All for subjectively bad aesthetics. There really is no good reason for hellaflush wheel setups on any car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The problem is that it's an opinion based on facts regarding what running aggressive setups does to cars. You're going to limit what tire sizes you can run, reduce your tire contact patch, increase tramlining, reduce steering response, run heavier wheels that you're not going to benefit from, put extra stress on the entire suspension, and be forced to do irreversible and potentially rust inducing mods to the car. All for subjectively bad aesthetics. There really is no good reason for hellaflush wheel setups on any car.
well, many impreza owners run somewhat aggressive setups. Obviously the setups dont do any good for the car but im looking to run a a nice aggresse setup with harming the car because of it as little as possible.

Hopefully in the near future ill have something close to this....

·
Registered
2 Posts
good god

this seems like alooot of work to make it look like you crashed tweaked ur frame :confused1 haha like honestly it looks like you had an elephant sit on ur car and bent your modded mcphersons hahahaha. its a totally diff culture i guess but the BIGGEST turn off is its called hella flush.... I HATE the word hella nor cal can SCIC my ****.

·
"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre"
1,274 Posts
Hey, im looking to purchase white rota grids for a 02 wrb wrx.

Not a bad looking wheel.
Would 18 x 9.5's with a 35 offset fit without rolling the fenders?

Not only will you have to roll them, you'll have to PULL them, and you'll still rub.

would i need a spacer to clear the brakes?

Stock 02 WRX brakes? No... they are tiny.

would there be any problem with having these wide rims on a stock wrx suspension?

They will bolt on and clear the struts.... they will also stick out over an inch past your fenders though.

Im also looking for a -4 camber, what would i need to buy in order to have a -4 camber with these rota grids.

I don't even run that much camber on the track... that is rediculous, stupid, and will destroy your car

and about the tires, are there any pros/cons to stretched and non stretched tires because i really like the stretched tire look.

It will destroy your rims, destroy your tires, destroy your handling.... other than that? Nope... no problem.

Would running this setup affect the suspension in any way?

Yes. Negatively.

I dont know much on this therefore im looking for help from you guys that have ran or are running this setup or know about it.

Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts