Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a rear fog light for my 2017 wrx. I received the following part as shown below. I'm kind of confused on how to install this after looking at some YouTube videos as mine has a 7440 connector and a yellow wire. The worst thing is that they are so short

I searched on eBay for a 7440 extension and found the following above. How do I go about wiring the 7440 extension to the brake light. And also where would I wire the yellow wire

Any help is much appreciated

Attachments

· Registered
124 Posts
Did you get it on ebay? what brand is it? is it IJDM one? if so keep in mind that it will not work same way as the Subispeed one ... if you are cool with it then follow the link Altair posted...
Good luck :)

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought it off eBay and it does not look like the wiring as the subie speed, don't know the brand, but the seller replied with this

1.The socket requires to re-plug with the plug of factory rear fog light.

2.There is a yellow wire behind the LED rear fog light and well as a wire extender included in the package. Tap the yellow wire to brake light for the LED rear fog lamp assembly to strobe 3x fast, 3x steady.

Is there even a factory rear fog light on a 2017 wrx premium?

· Registered
124 Posts
Well, 2016 Had it so assuming 2017 would too, i believe US versions of WRX and STI did not come with rear Fog light from factory, but no biggy, the second part that you got, will connect to your fog lamp and then those wires along with yellow break signal wire have to go to trunk for the connection, just like in the video. good luck let me know how you make out...

· Registered
124 Posts
No on the yellow wire, you have to hook it up with the break signal wire, should be color brown (Well at list it was on my STI) Video that Altair posted explains that.... and yes you gonna need separate harness like the one from second post, ether that or something that will work with ur fog light make sure it will work with ur part so you will not waist money also did you get the mounting bracket for the fog??

· Registered
124 Posts
You gonna need the bracket too buddy... clips are to secure the bracket to the bumper, Did you watch the video? cause sounds like you did not... watch video its pretty self explanatory... as far as wire any same size wire would do all it take little solder job and shrink tube...

· For External Use Only
3,884 Posts
No offense, but this is why I shy away from Ebay.

Could've spent a few extra bucks and had something plug and play.

· Registered
124 Posts
I agree 110% trust me i have ebay edition one on my tool box for the decoration..

· For External Use Only
3,884 Posts
I know but it was bought with a reputable seller...i'll try to use a 12v, maybe my t taps were not making enough connect
If all your connections are solid and it still won't work, I'd definitely be filing with paypal for a faulty product.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.