Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 SSM WRX Hatch
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Anybody know what the exact name, size or (Ideally) part # for the tiny metal clamps that go on the wastegate/turbo T hoses? I'm already missing a couple and the replacement assembly i'm ordering doesn't come with any. Zip ties work but these gotta be a few cents each, wherever they are, and they look better of course.

Also, is the restrictor pill on the compressor line the same size for all ej255 engines? same compatibility? I cant find the part number for that in my year either. Doesn't seem to exist. I think i'm just going to get 22326AA260 even though everything says its for 2006-2007 wrx's and not '08.
it looks Exactly the same and i'm pretty sure the td04 was 2002-(my year)2008 so the hole and everything should be identical I would think but I hate not being 100% sure.

·
Æternum
16,073 Posts
They are not the same, depending on the year. I just went though this with another member recently. To make matters worse, it seems that the 2013-2014 WRX was offered with two restrictor pills.

From what I can tell, these are generally sold as an assembly under the part number 14447___ with the remaining digits corresponding to the differing arrangements.

Yours seems to be 14447AA090 for the T-assembly. If you are really intent on buying ONLY the pill, you might want to call your local dealership and ask if they would be willing to sell you the pill separately. Good luck!

EDIT: Just so you are aware (this may cause you pain down the line), the turbo in your car is NOT the same as the 2002-2007 WRX. The turbo in your car is an MHI TD04-19T with a flange-mounted hot-side. This is different from the TD04-13T in prior models.

·
Registered
2008 SSM WRX Hatch
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are not the same, depending on the year. I just went though this with another member recently. To make matters worse, it seems that the 2013-2014 WRX was offered with two restrictor pills.

From what I can tell, these are generally sold as an assembly under the part number 14447___ with the remaining digits corresponding to the differing arrangements.

Yours seems to be 14447AA090 for the T-assembly. If you are really intent on buying ONLY the pill, you might want to call your local dealership and ask if they would be willing to sell you the pill separately. Good luck!

EDIT: Just so you are aware (this may cause you pain down the line), the turbo in your car is NOT the same as the 2002-2007 WRX. The turbo in your car is an MHI TD04-19T with a flange-mounted hot-side. This is different from the TD04-13T in prior models.

Thank you so much for letting me know that. I honestly thought they were the same. I saw the 14447AA090 but it can't confirm fitment for 08 wrx anywhere either.
I definitely want a new pill in a new hose (and the T+other2) all oem, but It cant be found online and I want it to be identical as i'm learning how touchy this stuff is. Thanks again

·
Registered
91 Posts
Looks like 14447AA220 I assumed it was an 08 WRX 5MT sedan. You can find it on subarupartswarehouse. Not sure why you need this. Hoses can be purchased and the pill in your can be transferred to the new hose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.