ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone bought old wrxs 2002-2004 with swaps just done and how much were they?

Or has someone bought wrx bodies and done the swap them selfs...or hired someone to do it ....

and can i have the price figures please :thumbup: btw 8-10k budget :D

Sorry im talking about WRX's and most likey gunna do an wrx swap..but a chance with STI Swap...

Thanks... Ok...This is what I want..

A Daily Driver.

I dont mind it bieng modded but not crazy built

probly like a 2002-2004 model with maybe 100k milesish id probley need a tranny/engine swap soon so id be screwed....

another option is buy a shell and put a engine and tranny in it(NEVER DONE A SWAP BEFORE)

Or pay a shop to do it(How much would that cost?)

Or buy one with a fresh and new engine and tranny and enjoy building it happyness :D

Sorry for the vaugeness in the op ill update that

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
With what kind of swap?

Or better yet...what exactly are you looking for? You want something done? Something stock to work on?

An Empty shell that you can find an engine to put in yourself?

Way too vague man...but welcome!

·
Æternum
20,621 Posts
Swaps to what??

·
Æternum
20,621 Posts
OK, I'm going to stop playing dumb here and assume (with great certainty) that you are talking about an LS6 swap...

No, in all seriousness I'm guessing you're referring to a full STi driveline/motor swap. Either would be a poor financial decision. If you're into restoring a wrecked car, buy a wrecked STi and rebuild.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks... Ok...This is what I want..

A Daily Driver.

I dont mind it bieng modded but not crazy built

probly like a 2002-2004 model with maybe 100k milesish id probley need a tranny/engine swap soon so id be screwed....

another option is buy a shell and put a engine and tranny in it(NEVER DONE A SWAP BEFORE)

Or pay a shop to do it(How much would that cost?)

Or buy one with a fresh and new engine and tranny and enjoy building it happyness :D

Sorry for the vaugeness in the op ill update that

·
Æternum
20,621 Posts
Why do you say this? My 2003 has 93K miles and it still runs beautifully. A well-cared for Subaru will easily tip the 200K miles scale.

A new 2002-2005 WRX motor would be hard to come by as it has reached the EOL from the manufacturer. A full EJ257 (STi motor) or EJ255 (2006+ WRX motor) swap would be cumbersome as it requires the full long block and ECU harnessing. Most EJ205 owners seeking increased displacement build a Hybrid motor such as EJ257 block and machined EJ205 heads.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i Know THAT But alot of people beat the living **** out of there cars....So they die :(

On the hybrid moters ive seen em and they are mo fo beast nuff-said

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
iWannaSTI said:
On the hybrid moters ive seen em and they are mo fo beast nuff-said
And when not done properly, they are a detonation nightmare

·
Æternum
20,621 Posts
And when not done properly, they are a detonation nightmare
For those that don't machine the heads properly, this is sadly very true.

·
Æternum
20,621 Posts
So never buy one
I wouldn't...

Depends on how good you are at spinning a wrench. If a project car is what you want, I Bugeyebrid would be great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts