ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm currently in the middle of installing my inlet hose and wishing I never bought the thing. So far its caused more problems than not and has been a real pita to install. I was having trouble getting the bov hose off and snapped what i believe is a crankcase breather (Its about 25 degrees out and dont have a garage to work in) that connects to the inlet hose and has a wire connector on it. But the problem is that even if i wouldn't have snapped it, it won't fit anyways so what do I do? And how important is it that this is connected to the inlet hose.
Below is a picture of the snapped hose and the other half connected to the inlet hose

Attachments

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Not sure how important it is, though I would assume it needs to be there.

Really though, if the hose 'snapped' it i was needing to be replaced. I feel for you, and the pita installs in the cold suck, but if your hoses are that brittle, better to have them snap at home then on the side of the road.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless someone gives me a good reason otherwise I'm gonna cap both of them off and see what it does. I still have to fix my leaky up pipe and put the turbo back on and have the car get me to work in the a.m.
So any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
rather than cap them off, use like electrical or duct tape or something and reconnect the ends. If this is going to the turbo inlet pipe it should not be too high of pressure, and taping it should last you till you can get the hose replaced properly.

as the hose is there to vent air back into the intake, capping them off might cause you to run rich/lean or throw a CEL

·
Registered
882 Posts
This might help its got alot of info of what is might be and how you can redo the vent. I think its the crank case vent and if so it does not need to be capped off or you will pressurize the crankcase and start burning and leaking oil. If its the same vent I am thinking about all you need to do is pull the hose off of the block and route it into the valve cover vent lines. And you can pull the little piece of metal out of the sensor and stick it into the pigtail conector .
http://www.airpowersystems.com/wrx/intake/install/APSWRX-CID01_install.pdf

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I got everything back together and didnt cap the crankcase breather off and now I'm losing coolant somewhere and can smell raw fuel under the hood very faintly but i haven't found anything leaking. I replaced the turbo with a pnp td04 because the old one was shot at 118k. I have no idea what's wrong with this I'm ready to take it to the mechanic in town but I really don't want to shell out and 80 bucks an hour for him to diagnose it

·
Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with
8,921 Posts
Oh wow...you sir, got yourself in a jam here. You kinda need that line. My way around it...an AOS...you SHOULD have a place to put that hose (furthest back nipple on the top of the inlet) if you don't a place to put that hose you need to T it into one of the lines that goes to the hard lines that go across your TMIC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts