ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put greddy headers in today and an invidia uppipe and my car sounds like a tractor. any idea what it is? it doesnt sound like an exhaust leak. thanks

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
i put greddy headers in today and an invidia uppipe and my car sounds like a tractor. any idea what it is? it doesnt sound like an exhaust leak. thanks

You may have a leak...try running Seafoam through the Vaccum line and smoke will pour out of any leaks you may have...check the flanges that attach to the heads.

http://www.seafoamsales.com/motorTuneUp.htm

·
Registered
70 Posts
unfortunately it may just be the sound of the combo u have... i have the one piece invidia header/uppipe and its loud and obnoxious... don't like it, but the performance is worth the noise for me... lol

i work with a guy that has a SRT4 with full exhaust, and it sounds like a freakn cummins turbo diesel.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help guys...i found that two of the bolts that attached the header got loose and their was a leak. it sounds awsome now and huge power!!

·
Registered
373 Posts
heyy i was thinking about getting some perrin headers, i have a invidia up pipe and invidia turbo back.. you dont think its gonna be super annoying?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have cobb turbo back invidia uppipe and greddy unequal length headers and once i fixed the leak it sounded awsome!! i dont know what invidia exhaust sounds like but im sure it will sound pretty sweet and if im correct the perrin headers are unequal length so you will keep the boxer sound! i say go for it

·
Registered
0 Posts
i have cobb turbo back invidia uppipe and greddy unequal length headers and once i fixed the leak it sounded awsome!! i dont know what invidia exhaust sounds like but im sure it will sound pretty sweet and if im correct the perrin headers are unequal length so you will keep the boxer sound! i say go for it
the perrin are equal
and imo perrin sucks

from jscspeed.com:
The Perrin Equal Length Header have quickly become one of the most popular headers available with proven power gains of up to 30 wheel horsepower and 30lbs of torque on a slightly modified STi! This is a true equal length header constructed of 304SS. Unlike some other headers, you will see the big power gains without sacrificing low-end power. It is flanged to fit with a stock uppipe aftermarket uppipe. Since the uppipe is not included, it makes it easy to fit with a big rotated mount turbo kit that requires a special uppipe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts