Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my blitz turbo timer/boost gauge and it does not keep the car running when i turn it off. I have it hooked up using the hks tt harness.
It seems to be reading boost fine its just not turbo timing. The only places that I think I could have messed up on the install are.
1. The hks harness has a connection to the hand brake. I followed the harnesse instructions for this and hooke the harness to the tt and the handbrake line to the other end of the harness connection.

2. I spliced the handbrake line into the red wire. I am not sure if this was the correct wire or not. The instructions specified to tap into the wire that has a 12v current when the handbrake is down. The only wires I see are black( i assume ground), red and white.

I have a 5sp with no alarm

I have followed all the directions. I put it on manual timer and set it for 2 mins turned off the car and got nothing.

Anyone have suggestions on what to try.

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
afpdl said:
I just installed my blitz turbo timer/boost gauge and it does not keep the car running when i turn it off. I have it hooked up using the hks tt harness.
It seems to be reading boost fine its just not turbo timing. The only places that I think I could have messed up on the install are.
1. The hks harness has a connection to the hand brake. I followed the harnesse instructions for this and hooke the harness to the tt and the handbrake line to the other end of the harness connection.

2. I spliced the handbrake line into the red wire. I am not sure if this was the correct wire or not. The instructions specified to tap into the wire that has a 12v current when the handbrake is down. The only wires I see are black( i assume ground), red and white.

I have a 5sp with no alarm

I have followed all the directions. I put it on manual timer and set it for 2 mins turned off the car and got nothing.

Anyone have suggestions on what to try.
I keep this link in the bookmarks since I have helped countless people with their Turbo Timer questions.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4094&highlight=pink+wire

First of all, I wouldn't mis-match a Blitz Turbo Timer with a HKS harness. Go buy a Blitz Harness for $20 and most of your problems will be solved. Other than that,

Good Luck,

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I didnt exactly go out and get the hks harness I bought a harness tt package from germanautowerks and they sent me a hks after I waited a week for them to get those it. But I saw some people on I-club who mixed the harnesses and it worked for them so I will try hunting for the pink wire today.

Thanks for the help guys
alex

·
Registered
249 Posts
The HKS harness is fine with the Blitz, I have it and it works perfectly. It sounds like you spliced the wrong wire for the handbrake which would make the TT think that the break wasn't engaged. You should have tapped a Purple wire, not a red one. The purple wire runs all the way in the console to the handbrake and is pretty obvsiously there. I'll try to get a picture for you.

-Michael

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took care of it in my schools parking lot. It works now. I just didnt know that you had to take off the entire center console to get to it, I never saw anyone mention it. Now I just got to get the keyless entry to activate.
My boost is usuall reading a high of .95-.98 with a occasional spike to .99 this is right on for a stock car right?

Thanks for all your help guys but may I suggest putting kurleedaddee's post in the tutorial forum.

Alex

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Everything works fine. Thanks for the help. I think I may just make a tutorial since these questions get asked so much.

Alex

1 - 7 of 7 Posts