ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie asking for engine mgt help...
Does anyone recommend the V1 accessport for the sti? I just want a cheap way to remove the speed limiter and get 20 more hp.
Does the Accessport V2 have any real benefits over the V1 for such simple modifications?
Thanks for your help!

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
You can get a used V1 AP for < than a V2 AP, more than likely.

Go for it.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,208 Posts
Thanks,
Do you know if the V1 removes the speed limiter... this is one of my primary interests...
The Cobb site has map info and a forum for discussion.

Top speed is limited by fuel cut in a stock car to roughly 250 kph. Is that going to be a problem?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I found the speed limiter info in the map notes for code ver. 1.11 on the V1 unit. Raised from 147 to 186mph.

I already hit the limiter at 245km/h (according to the speedo) and I will not stop modifying this car until I bury the needle past the 260 mark. It's like getting kicked in the nuts just as the party gets going....

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Come on girls... grab yourself by the ovaries... 260 is a snails crawl compared to the bikes out there.

I'll tell you though... I am worried about the hood snapping back. The darn thing appears to lift almost an inch at each front corner at those speeds. Well, let's see if we can't break it off....!!!

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
balls and stupidity are two entirely different things.
I've been almost 300kph on a bike, and 265kph in a car. The bike was on a track, the car on a highway (1987)..
21 yrs ago for the highway, and lots less traffic..

It's your decision.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts