Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,820 Posts
Follow the maintenance schedule to the letter and use authentic parts. Otherwise I'd leave the car alone.

·
Registered
2015 ISM WRX Premium
207 Posts
Hello everyone,
So I am brand new to the WRX family. I finally got and wanted to know what I should do first to my new family member. Any help would be awesome.
Break it in properly, do an oil change, and decide what you wanna do. Any tuning requires Access Port or some type of tuner whether it that or ECUTek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Pro Manscaper
14,901 Posts
Get seat time.

This will help you figure out what exactly you want out of the car. What you think might need a change or an improvement. It will also help you learn how to handle the power and the handling characteristics while becoming more familiar with it.

Once you have all that figured out, then re-ask yourself that question. Does it need more power? Maybe you want it to sound more aggressive. Maybe you think it handles too sloppily and could benefit from suspension mods.

Only you can tell you what you should do to your car.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Depends . . .

If you live in the snow belt and don't have winter tires or decent all season tires that would be my very first purchase.

Since it's a 2015 I would hope and guess it's broke in by now -- for better or for worse. If in doubt you can always do an oil change to "start" out its new maintenance schedule as maintained and recorded by you.

Otherwise, it depends on what you want to improve . . . or not improve. As a few folks mentioned, take some time to drive it and see what you like or don't like. Some folks rush right out to get a Cobb Accessport to smooth things out a bit in terms of the rev hang . . . other folks want to tighten up the suspension . . . other folks go for a tint job to help with the heat (or cool factor) . . . other folks like to customize the inside or outside a bit to stand out (new shifter knob, mud flaps, body parts, etc.) . . . other folks cannot stand the radio and put their money into a new tuner and/or speakers.

Me . . . I liked most everything . . . and continue to like (or tolerate) most everything. The one thing I could not abide however was the low height of the driver's arm rest and so that was the first thing I replaced.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts