ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have 2 questions...

i am trying to "black out" my tail lights and tint the windows. basically my questions are;

1. how would i "black out" the tail lights? Was it done with film or spray? pics please...

2. i am also planning to tint the windows to a 35% tint. that is the legal limit in maryland and i don't want any added attention to the rex considering that i already get hastled due to the exhaust. pics also please...

i would greatly appreciate it. thanks

·
Registered
438 Posts
For the blacking out your tail lights (I have not done this sorry) you can use a film or a spray there is a forum on here about which is better i forget

And with the window tinting i have 35% all around if you want me to get pics I can later tomorrow or what do you want just a pic of a car with 35% all around? Or do you need to know something about cars with tinted windows?

·
Registered
266 Posts
The name of the spray is Niteshade or Nightshade, not sure. You spray as many coats as you want until you reach the darkness you want.

·
Registered
44 Posts
To totally black out tails all you need is one can of taillight tint spray, mask everything off and do as many coats as you want, then to finish it put a coat of clear on it to make it smooth.

I dont have pics sorry but its what i did to my evo when i had it...

If your looking to just tint part of the tails... bluebatmobile.net check it out its what im running currently.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
for pics of 35% just google 35% tint in the image search...use nightshades and remove your tail lights to be safe and clean the surface and spray lightly in many coats till you get your desired color then use a clear coat for added touch...as for tints you say your trying to tint the windows and you need help with it. if your suggesting going to autozone and buying the film i highly suggest you dont. get it done professionally. youll have air bubbles and it will probally turn from black to purple

1 - 10 of 10 Posts