ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont kno wat is wrong iwth the gears if i shift really slow into third and fourth it doesnt grind but normaly shifting at 3k it grinds more into third than fourth...i;ve been readin abt syncros...is it just that it has bad syncros? how would i b able to figure out wats wrong and why it grinds? frst, second and 5th are great...any help would be appreaciated:) thanks

·
Registered
0 Posts
whens the last time u changed ur tranny fluid ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the last time i changed the tranny fluied was i think about three months ago...how much would it cost like an estimate to fix it or get new gear set?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Tranny Fluid

Too late to change the tranny fluid. Start looking at gear sets. How much power will you be putting down in the future? If you plan on giong over 350HP then you need to look at PPG'S and if under 350HP look at RA Gears. Do a search for RA gears and PPG'S and read up on them. Your transmission might hold up for a while or it could take a dump tomorrow. My car developed a grind going into fourth only a certain RPM'S and eventually I chuncked out 3rd gear. Just trying to give you an idea what to do about fixing it so you don't have to worry about it. Do another search on NASIOC about transmissions and see what you find. Good luck man. Oh yeah I spent $3500 to correct mine. That was all new RA gears 1st thru 5th, new bearings, new synchro's, and a new clutch-pressure plate.

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts