ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well got everything installed (uppipe, downpipe, axelback) but i can't seem to get the uppipe to not leak where it meets with the manifold. i have tightend the living crap out of the bolts but no luck :( . any help would be great.

p.s. I reused the gasket but it looked exactly like the new one that i bought just discolored.

·
Registered
464 Posts
stolen from shiv:

"Now for the critical gasket at the bottom of the up-pipe. You need to keep the gasket centered about the pipe hole in the up-pipe. You may consider using a dab of make-a-gasket to hold the metal gasket in place. New or used gasket, it may leak if you do not make sure the holes are lined up. Line up the gasket correctly and attach the manifold to the up-pipe. Tighten those bolts right to their Torque Spec – 26-30 ft-lbs. Yep, that is light. You do not need to crank down hard, and doing so will warp the cast iron flange once it heats up to operating temperature. After tightening the flange on the bottom of the up-pipe, go back to the top and tighten the three nuts that hold the turbo to the up-pipe. Just those three. Then go back under and tighten the manifold to the engine head and then the cross tube bolts. Then go back on top to tighten the last two up-pipe nuts – to the brackets. Now make sure to tighten the three remaining bracket bolts – one on the small bridge-type bracket and two on the triangle-shaped bracket. Dizzy yet? But this technique actually seems to ensure the best possible, leak-proof results."

for further details:
http://www.vishnutuning.com/files/Stage_Zero_Install_Inst_v_3_2.doc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts