ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cars doesn't make boost sometimes. When I go for long drives or have the AC on for a while it makes half the boost .05 kpa. It will sometimes stay that way for a few days then all of the sudden... I will go back to making normal boost roughly .1 kpa. The only mods I have are a GFB blow off, an Apexi Turbo timer. It is really starting to piss me off. Subaru/Hundai in Temecula told me everything looked fine. But the car didn't have the problem when I took it in. Any ideas? please help.

·
Registered
498 Posts
RVwrx said:
My cars doesn't make boost sometimes. When I go for long drives or have the AC on for a while it makes half the boost .05 kpa. It will sometimes stay that way for a few days then all of the sudden... I will go back to making normal boost roughly .1 kpa. The only mods I have are a GFB blow off, an Apexi Turbo timer. It is really starting to piss me off. Subaru/Hundai in Temecula told me everything looked fine. But the car didn't have the problem when I took it in. Any ideas? please help.
hey reset your ecu..... then let it learn for about a week. still having the same problem come on here and update

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have reset the ecu in the past, but it will start doing it randomly. This will be the first time I keep in mind to see if the ecu is doing it or if it is something mechinical. If anything comes to mind, please let me know. P.S... you can never go wrong with haveing a turbo timer on a turbo car. I am happy I have it. It serves its purpose.

·
Registered
498 Posts
for the hundrenth time on this, the subaru turbo is a OIL and WATER cooled turbo. an ioled only cooled turbo needs to run extra to curculate the iol to cool the turbo down after a spirited run. with our turbo being cooled ALL THE TIME. we do not have a need for the car to idle after a spirited run...

·
Registered
746 Posts
you dont "need" a TT on a suby cuz our turbo is water cooled. I still think its a good idea and I have one. Plus it plays a little song when it counts down. and hell its not like they are pricy. the greddy tt I have has a lap timer spedo and 0-60 timer built in it was only like 110.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts