ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i currently own an 05 GG Mazda Rx-8 6MT, this car is pretty quick with great handles and looks. I have a K&N Typhoon Intake on it and I have enough for a Borla Cat-Back Exhaust. I think the car is great but I wouldn't mind a little more power for the money i paid for the car along with the gas mileage i get, i have had my eye on getting the 2011 wrx sti sedan

Things to consider:

Will I feel a big increase in speed/power if i decide on the sti?

Would adding a greddy turbo kit and borla full exhaust increase the power of my rx8 to that close of an sti?

I really enjoy the driving experience that i get out of my 8, the car is a head turner (4-door that always surprises, great looking interior and the constant complements, the handling is amazing, these are the reasons why im leaning on keeping my 8

I will be using this car as a daily driver yearly, I have had my 8 for about one year with no problems with the exception of spark plug replacements. It isn't that great on gas in comparison to that of faster cars I have noticed.

I checked the epa for the rx8 and the sti and i believe is the sti is better:

EPA Fuel Economy (City / Highway) RX-8 16 / 23 STI 20 / 25

I will appreciate any info or ideas on this topic, Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
Things to consider:

Will I feel a big increase in speed/power if i decide on the sti?
this is really only something you will be able to answer by driving an sti. what feels fast to me, might not feel fast to you. it's all personal opinions.

Would adding a greddy turbo kit and borla full exhaust increase the power of my rx8 to that close of an sti?
this is probably something you'd want to ask on an rx8 forum. maybe someone on here is a previous owner & can answer this though..

is your rx8 completely paid off?
is there anything mechanically wrong with it?

also- before even thinking about getting into an sti you should call your insurance agent and get a quick quote.

assuming you may be a young male- your insurance can potentially be outrageous.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is your rx8 completely paid off?
is there anything mechanically wrong with it?

also- before even thinking about getting into an sti you should call your insurance agent and get a quick quote.

assuming you may be a young male- your insurance can potentially be outrageous.
Yes its completely paid off, im the second owner of it.

The car doesn't have any mechanical problems, it runs great, except for the clutch might be on its way but still a while away

the insurance on the sti will be through my parents as i am currently insured under their 4-door ford fusion.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Im guessing your under 25... either way your doing the old insurance switcharoo. I would just get a quote to be safe. Also 99% of the time when you slap a turbo on a nonturbo car you will end up with some problems down the road as thing that were ment to handel a N/A engine will breakdown (tranny, seals...).

The RX8 handels like a beast but the STI will slap you back in the seat and show you why the next time you buy a car you will want one with torque and it also handels like a beast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts