Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mechanic is really awesome and works on lots of Subarus. I have an unidentified ej20 series motor and i need help helping them identify it so we can get the right valve cover gasket.

Ill post a pic but i need to know things to identify the motor specifically. Its not an ej205. My guess is ej207. Idk what version however.

But...idk how to identify what or how many avcs it is equipped with or really anything other than the avcs method to identification.

Heres a pic...PLEASE anyone share what motor this could possibly be and how one would tell.. Thank you Club!!!

Attachments

·
Master Baiter
12,649 Posts
That engine bay picture will not really help us, help you.

Is the vehicle tuned? Can you hook up a Tactrix cable?

·
Super Moderator
10,890 Posts
Isn't there a stamp on the block somewhere? I recall a similar thread a long while back where they had to find the block code to identify the engine swap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That engine bay picture will not really help us, help you.

Is the vehicle tuned? Can you hook up a Tactrix cable?
It is going for dyno/tuning after repairs. I had no info. I'm going to make sure and tune down for dailying. Ill ask my mechanic if he has a tactrix cable

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Isn't there a stamp on the block somewhere? I recall a similar thread a long while back where they had to find the block code to identify the engine swap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
The stamp they found with code came up with EJ20 Series. Already tried 205 gaskets and i believe a vendor tried the late 90s forester gasket (my newb lingo). Ive been guessing 207 because the build is awesome but quite ordinary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts