ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I need to get some new tires, and I think I have whittled the choices down to 3. I live in Iowa, and I travel to Wisconsin (just moved from there) so I am looking for a good All-Season Performance Tire. I will add some comments about each of them that I have heard after some searching and reading reviews at Tire Rack.
1. Conti ExtremeContacts - Pros: Price ($78/tire), good wet and snow traction. Cons: Lots of road noise, too soft of a sidewall.
2. Yoko AVS Db S2 - Pros: NO road noise, very smooth with decent grip. Cons: Not the best wet/snow traction, price isnt bad ($100/tire).
3. Pirelli P Zero-Nero M+S - Pros: almost everything about the tire from what I've read, great all around traction, pretty quiet tire. Cons: Some say it has a soft sidewall. Price isnt bad either ($101/tire).

I am leaning towards the Pirelli's, unless someone can convince me otherwise. Also, I would like to get them in 225/50/16 (I have stock rims), but I have heard that for winter driving, the stock size (205/55/16) would be better. Why exactly is that?

Now it is time for everyone to pipe up and let me know what you think! Are the Pirelli's the way to go? It sounds like they blend performance with all season reliability pretty well.

Let me know what you all think!
Thanks! :wiggles: :cool: :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was talking to Tires Plus today and they said $130 for the Pirelli's. He also noted that they probably wont be that good in the snow, but I hear around these boards that they handle pretty well in the snow. As far as I am concerned, no tire is going to be awesome in the snow except Blizzaks. He was trying to sell me some H rated Continental Eco-Track tire or some sort for $96/tire. But even in Iowa, the roads are snow free at least 80% of the year. So I would lean towards the performance side anyhow, with some good light snow grip as well.
So that is +1 for the Pirellis, anyone else have any comments!??
Come on now, I need to hear your thoughts!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone else have any comments?
I have heard good things about the Pilot's, but they are a little out of my price range. I would like to stick around the $100 price range.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts