ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just thought id get some opinions on some of the upgrades i should get in the near future, as of right now im running blouch 16g xt turbo, dw565cc, walboro 255, txs tmic, txs tbe, and of course its protuned to 14 psi just for a break in period.

now whats next??? lol, i was thinking about getting a Cobb sri...

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
ebcs? What about suspension or braking? Lighter wheels?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ebcs? What about suspension or braking? Lighter wheels?
yess i forgot about the ebcs
but for braking i know i need pads right now, is it worth buying drilled and slotted rotors, and for wheels sry i forgot to include im running 17x8 rpf1's so i think there light enough;)
if you could, could you explain the boost control

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and for suspension im just not sure who i can go to, to have my fenders rolled cuz i know for sure the back will need it

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
So you already have an aftermarket EBCS?

The next bang for buck power mod would probably be TGV deletes.. or port and polished exhaust manifolds. As far as drilled/sloted rotors, they're not needed. Drilled can actually be bad because they tend to crack and really provide no performance increase. For suspension I would recommend Tokico D-specs and front & rear swaybars. No need to roll fenders.

Also, if you haven't already, shifter bushings make a world of difference.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So you already have an aftermarket EBCS?

The next bang for buck power mod would probably be TGV deletes.. or port and polished exhaust manifolds. As far as drilled/sloted rotors, they're not needed. Drilled can actually be bad because they tend to crack and really provide no performance increase. For suspension I would recommend Tokico D-specs and front & rear swaybars. No need to roll fenders.

Also, if you haven't already, shifter bushings make a world of difference.
sorry i shouldve worded that better, i meant yess! i could really use one of those ebcs, and okay ill look into the sway bars, have you boughten any? and ya for the bushings i was looking into a kartboy short shifter kit which included the front and rear bushings

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
Yep, you will have to get tuned for TGV deletes, as well as a 3-port EBCS.

I don't actually have swaybars (yet).. one of the few mods I'm missing. When the money comes around I'm getting Whiteline adjustable front and rear swaybars and Kartboy endlinks.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, you will have to get tuned for TGV deletes, as well as a 3-port EBCS.

I don't actually have swaybars (yet).. one of the few mods I'm missing. When the money comes around I'm getting Whiteline adjustable front and rear swaybars and Kartboy endlinks.
ok thought so and i knew i needed a tune for the ebcs, but im not exactly sure what it does?, is it similar to a mbc?

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
It is in the sense that they both are used to control boost. The difference is the EBCS is electronically controlled so you set the boost via tuning and you are able specify target boost vs. throttle opening angle. That's the main advantage over a MBC because with a MBC you will have partial throttle full boost situations. EBCS is also better at dealing with changes in atmospheric conditions. An argument can be made that a MBC will react faster, but I have never seen this as being an issue with my car.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
With an MBC it's not always about acting faster,it has a tendency not to cause boost "spikes" like an EBCS does. Plus tuning an EBCS can be a PITA sometimes. For small turbo's a EBC is much better but for larger turbos I would use an MBC. Part throttle full boost is less of an issue. Then there is also the "hybrid" set up that uses both a EBCS and an MBC. It's the best of both worlds.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
Yeah, I almost went with hybrid boost control since I have both, but after talking with my tuner it seems kinda pointless since my boost control should already be rock solid with the 3-port and EWG.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok cool thanks for the info ill most likely buy one soon when i get an intake and go back for a retune, which ebcs do you guys like the most i was looking into the Perrin

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Grimmspeed is one of the most user-friendly options, because it's plug-and-play.

I suggest the hybrid method, however. It's a little more expensive, but worth it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts