ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I really don't post here a whole lot. I posted two threads a while back about my silver RS sedan being totaled. I just bought an '02 WRX and as much as I love it, I'm permanently attached to my GC. Like, literally. In any case, the GC ended up needing a new crossmember and pretty much all standard suspension parts as a result of the accident. I am buying it back from the insurance company for $2500. What I wanted to do was instead of fixing it myself, I would like to get an STi clip and just swap everything over. I've combed google and this site, and I haven't found anything as far as anyone selling one or knowing an importer. I checked Venus Auto, but they really don't have a great rep nor do they display any prices. So, do any of you guys know of an importer or someone here who perhaps has one and where they got it? Thanks!

Irena West

·
Registered
393 Posts
Excuse my ignorance....but whats a Clip? I've never heard that term used before in reference to cars. I assume its something to do with getting a used one and transfering, but I am not sure. Just thought I would get some clarification.

JH

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The whole front part of a car, from A-Pillars and on. :)

Also, do any of you guys know if there are differences in the suspension components? I understand the whole RHD vs LHD thing, but I cant figure out if there's anything else. I'm assuming not. Thanks!

Irena West

·
Registered
230 Posts
now with the front clip does any one know if ya get the hood to?
the only thing that sucks you then have to put the rear of the car together ie: rear diff,axles and hubs and other misc ohh forgot fuel pump.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, you're right. But they cut it at the A-Pillars as far as the body goes. And you get the crossmember, steering and suspension components for the front. You don't get the doors but you usually get the firewall and up, sometimes the dash.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Hey I know of three or four importers that can get you a front clip. I was going to do this, lol, but way too much dough... Like for example, a twin turbo legacy front clip was going to cost around $5500...:eek: I pretty much just finished all of the research on front clips (like importers and diffculty)... I will post them tomorrow since, 1. im lazy right now 2. it's 1:20 am 3. im pretty tired...;) talk to everyone tomorrow.

P.S. Can I have your RS front bumper by any chance???

EDIT: What version or year STi do you want?

·
Registered
880 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts