ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
noob question...I'm currently the owner of 2000 Integra LS (non-vtec). I've wanted an sti ever since i first layed my eyes on one...any how im a huge fan of reliability and i learned that as long as i dont launch on an awd drive car i should b ok...but the price is also getting to me... i am in fear that it will make me broke...also i wanted to know if any of u sti owners could give me a quote at around how much u pay for insurance....also if u regret or r glad to have it...price and reliability wise
Thanx!!!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
If you can afford the STi, get it. The STi insurance is not much more than the WRX's

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Get a WRX, i went from an RSX 160hp to a WRX and i love it. Your LS is about 140hp so its around the same upgrade as i did. STi insurance will kill you. Unless u live in the middle of no where and have a perfect record.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
D0WNxSH1FT said:
Get a WRX, i went from an RSX 160hp to a WRX and i love it. Your LS is about 140hp so its around the same upgrade as i did. STi insurance will kill you. Unless u live in the middle of no where and have a perfect record.
+1 to that, I live in Queens and have a mildly scarred record (few tickets from 2 years ago) and the insurance for my rex is $7500/ year :rolleyes: It very much sucks but i can't do anything about it until those tickets dissappear after the 3 years and I keep my nose clean. BTW, i'm 25 so i'm not quite a youngin. Just something to think about.

~myke

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx alot for the input...the only thing with me buying the base wrx is im thinkin im still going to want an sti...same happend with my integra....i have an ls and i wanted the type r...have any of u regretted not gettin the sti?
Thanx again u guyz were really helpful

·
Registered
79 Posts
Macinit34 said:
thanx alot for the input...the only thing with me buying the base wrx is im thinkin im still going to want an sti...same happend with my integra....i have an ls and i wanted the type r...have any of u regretted not gettin the sti?
I kinda regret not getting the STI, but, the dealers will not negotiate much on the STI compared to the WRX. You can always get a WRX now and trade it in for an STI when you get near 300 WHP.

·
Registered
27,068 Posts
Macinit34 said:
Well what do you care most about? If you really care about the "whole package" just get the STi, because you are going to spend like over $12k getting a wrx to STi territory in, handling, looks, performance, brakes, etc....

If all you really care about is power and looks just get the wrx then. You can throw on a wing and some wheels and it looks pretty similar to the STi. Then spend ~ $2,500 in performance and be nearly as fast.... but still, the STi is the better buy no doubt.
have you considered an Evo? similar performance to STi, better than wrx, and costs about $4k less than an STi

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
I dont regret it. Sometimes i regret not trying to get a good deal on a '03 Evo but then again i couldnt afford the insruance and you cant really lease Evo's in NY.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im def gonna look into gettin the evo but i really like subarus quality...i think the evo lacks in that...also i hope they still dont have crank walk :eek3: ...thanx again guyz...i really might look into an base wrx though

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
There's nothing 'base' about a WRX. :thumbup:

Its really not a huge trade off. either way you get an amazing sports car. I can understand saying 2.5RS or WRX, because then you have a huge gap in performance and engine styles.

Get which ever works for you the best. WRX, STi, or Evo. All great cars, just depends on preference and how much desposable $$$$ you have. Personally im in college and paying 100% for the car so i cant afford a $500/month payment and a $3500/year insurance. However i can afford a $267/month 39m lease and $850/year insurance. (gotta love NH insurance).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
D0WNxSH1FT said:
There's nothing 'base' about a WRX. :thumbup:

Its really not a huge trade off. either way you get an amazing sports car. I can understand saying 2.5RS or WRX, because then you have a huge gap in performance and engine styles.

Get which ever works for you the best. WRX, STi, or Evo. All great cars, just depends on preference and how much desposable $$$$ you have. Personally im in college and paying 100% for the car so i cant afford a $500/month payment and a $3500/year insurance. However i can afford a $267/month 39m lease and $850/year insurance. (gotta love NH insurance).

how did u wind up paying 267/month? i know its a lease and all but still

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Macinit34 said:
how did u wind up paying 267/month? i know its a lease and all but still
2005 WRX Sedan 5MT Premium Package, Boost Gauge, Short Shifter...MSRP around $27,xxx

I negotiated $24,850

39 month lease, 15,000mi/year, $3850 down ($3000 downpayment + $850 for boost g, and ss). $267/month. Gotta love not having sales tax in NH. tho it cost me nearly $600 to register the car.

My old RSX was like $22,000 (Base w/ Leather and Fog Lights) in NY and i had to pay $275/month and it was only 12,000mi/year. Sales tax adds like $2000+ to the car.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
D0WNxSH1FT said:
2005 WRX Sedan 5MT Premium Package, Boost Gauge, Short Shifter...MSRP around $27,xxx

I negotiated $24,850

39 month lease, 15,000mi/year, $3850 down ($3000 downpayment + $850 for boost g, and ss). $267/month. Gotta love not having sales tax in NH. tho it cost me nearly $600 to register the car.

My old RSX was like $22,000 (Base w/ Leather and Fog Lights) in NY and i had to pay $275/month and it was only 12,000mi/year. Sales tax adds like $2000+ to the car.
Your lucky man, nj is one of the worst states for insurance :unhappy:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts