Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need loudest swoosh intake possible!! Just got my 18 wrx 3 months ago, im hoping to make my car sound as good as possible and i got a tomei expreme single exit catback. Im looking to buy the best SWOOSH sounding type intake, and i knowi can get a package with Cobb, they sell big sf intake with an access port but im looking for sound depth and loudness and I boiled it down to either grimmspeed or cobb big sf intake, which is louder? Ive asked sum people and they say theyre pretty similar in sound but the cobb big sf is more expensive. Which one is louder and gives better SWOOSH?

·
Not a mod... or is he?
15,530 Posts
You'll get way further buying quality over "swoosh".

Whatever intake you buy has to be tuned for specifically. Cobb tunes do not work with non Cobb parts. So on top of the 1000+ bucks for the intake and accessport is it worth another 500 or so for a good tune from a tuner that supports their work?

1500 for an intake is insane as it gets.

For that price you could probably pay someone to sit in your passenger seat and go "swooosh!"

·
Super Moderator
31,047 Posts

Whatever intake you buy has to be tuned for specifically. Cobb tunes do not work with non Cobb parts. So on top of the 1000+ bucks for the intake and accessport is it worth another 500 or so for a good tune from a tuner that supports their work?

For that price you could probably pay someone to sit in your passenger seat and go "swooosh!"
Quite correct.

An aftermarket intake does not make a loud swooshing sound on a turbocharged engine like a normally aspirated engine does.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

bro you migh as well have not commented, you didnt answer any of my concerns or questions go away

·
Not a mod... or is he?
15,530 Posts
bro you migh as well have not commented, you didnt answer any of my concerns or questions go away
Here is your answer.

This is the most insane and uninformed question I have seen on an automotive forum ever. It is more wtf than what I saw on VW vortex many years ago. It's straight out of the stereotypical cocked hat vape bro book.

Intakes don't go swoosh. They have an induction sound that isn't all that pronounced. It matters not what intake you buy because they all have the same basic design. Pipe with a cone filter.

They also have massive downsides that I'm sure you give zero craps about because an engine replacement is only 10k+ when that engine goes tits up.

I don't care what you buy. However I do find pleasure in addressing members that did something stupid they were advised against and point the fingers everywhere except up their own rectum.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts