Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a pair of lightweight rims around 12.5 pounds. I have around $1,500 for rims and tires. Can anyone suggest me to a few different wheel makes? I know velox, rays, volk, maybe racing hart? TIA

·
Registered
470 Posts
my alltime fav's are the SSR Competitions... beautiful and light forged rim.. right around that price too.

·
Registered
175 Posts
What size are you looking for?

I doubt that you are going to find a rim that weighs that much that will come in the price range you've set for yourself.

Look at TireRack. They have the SSR Comps. These are some of the lightest rims. However, in my research I came across some issues with bending.

I went with the Volk CE28n. These are the lightest Volks and, well, they are Volks. No question about quality. But you're going to have to pay a little more than what you said just for the rims. Of course, tires will be more.

I've also read good things about the Rota's. A lot of guys on this site have them. They are strong, relatively light and very reasonable. I think you could get some rotas and tires easily for what you want to spend.

Edit: If you haven't already, you can check out this post about this very same topic:http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28371

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Tim (BlazinWRX) was selling some Racing Hart CP-035s for about $1800...17" and about 12-13 lbs forged...you might wanna contact him and see if he still has them :)

I SERIOUSLY doubt you'll be able to find 12.5 lbs wheels AND tires for a total of $1500 though, even if they're used...unless you get 15" wheels or something :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im looking for 17". But i dont have to worry about the tires because I have a really good connection i can get tires extremely cheap. So i guess i can spend 1,200 - 1350 on rims alone.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I will again put in my vote for SSR comps.

·
Registered
175 Posts
MustGoFast said:
I will again put in my vote for SSR comps.
Just out of curiousity, I checked out the SSR Comps. The 17x7.5 weigh exactly what you want - 12.5. They are $375 at tire rack, which gets you really close to your initial $1500 price target. With shipping, they'll be a little more, but not too much.

If you can get such a "bro" deal on tires, this would be the way I would go. Your only going to have to pay more for the tires and these are really light, highly regarded rims.

Note: I have no affiliation with TireRack! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts