ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY! I jsut bought my first wrx (2nd subaru). A 2002 WRX in Rally Blue. I was extremely pleased with it, tsi been three days and im faced with a major problem I think. Sometimes in 1st and 2nd gear the car will bog. It only happens when the fuel level gets lower and it happens more after exiting turns while giving it gas, it would come out of the turn, and bog at like 4-6000 rpm. Its really weird. When I am running on empty almost itll bog jsut going forward without even exiting a turn.

The car is stock besides a turbo timer, HKS SSQ BOV, a downpipe, rims, and tires. I am not sure what else is or was on the car b4 I bought it, previous owner might of ahd other mods and turned it back to stock.

Any help, ideas, suggestions I would greatly apriciate it!

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Find out if there were any other mods on it before you bought it. Maybe he had an upgraded fuel system and didnt put the stock one back in correctly. Thats all I can offer to you unless by low fuel level you mean extremely low and the fuel jsut isnt getting to the pickup. How low of fuel are we talking here?

·
Registered
174 Posts
note to self

note to self. do not buy a used wrx that has a BOV, mbc or cai installed. do research before purcasing. buy extended warranties from 3rd party companies is previous notes are ignored.

by themselves, those upgrades are pretty bad, but it would seem to also indicate other bad mods that may have been installed on the vehicle.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Re: note to self

humara said:
note to self. do not buy a used wrx that has a BOV, mbc or cai installed. do research before purcasing. buy extended warranties from 3rd party companies is previous notes are ignored.

by themselves, those upgrades are pretty bad, but it would seem to also indicate other bad mods that may have been installed on the vehicle.
you use the word "BAD" a lot....can you clarify bad

·
Registered
174 Posts
bad

bad defined:
More inferior, as in quality, condition, or effect.

More severe or unfavorable.

Being further from a standard; less desirable or satisfactory.

otherwise, things on a car that are likely to make it have problems such as stumbling at 4000k rpm.
also, things that dont add any performance benefits while introducing performance problems. ex, CAI are known to make your car run lean.(bad)
BOV are known to make your car go rich between shifts (bad)
mbc are known to make your car blow up (bad)

basically a search would help you find that all three of those are questionable mods at best, all three is just asking for trouble. you'd be better off with a reflash and a downpipe. well, you'd be better off with getting your car running right stock. ie take all that crap off, diagnose problem to get it running right. then try some other performance mods.

·
Registered
446 Posts
i think your correct with the descriptions but maybe with alittle better clarity is in order so he isnt scared of those mods like their a virus....

those mods are POTENTIALLY bad in the wrong hands…

As for your problem I wish I could help but im not sure what it could be….i think the earlier suggestion about fuel might be a good place to start….if you haven’t already I suggest posting at http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/index.php?s= there are some share individuals of there that might help

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PolarisSnT said:
Find out if there were any other mods on it before you bought it. Maybe he had an upgraded fuel system and didnt put the stock one back in correctly. Thats all I can offer to you unless by low fuel level you mean extremely low and the fuel jsut isnt getting to the pickup. How low of fuel are we talking here?
we're talking half a tank and lower! So tis pretty bad, hopefully its something small, im going to bring it in on Tuesday probably.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Might be water in the tank. In 1st and 2nd, and in hard cornering, the gas is going to slosh more than usual. So the water is possibly splashing up out of the catch baffles. Just a thought, but definately bring ti back to the place you bought it..

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Sounds like fuel starvation to me. Stop letting your tank get so low.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
bambams247 said:
HEY! I jsut bought my first wrx (2nd subaru). A 2002 WRX...
The car is stock besides a turbo timer, HKS SSQ BOV, a downpipe, rims, and tires. I am not sure what else is or was on the car b4 I bought it, previous owner might of ahd other mods and turned it back to stock.

Any help, ideas, suggestions I would greatly apriciate it!
A) The wheels and tires may be heavy.
B) The BOV may be leaking.

-Jim

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Do a search on Nasioc about this. I remember reading something about this over there some time ago... I think they diagnosed and fixed the problem.....

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MidKnight said:
Do a search on Nasioc about this. I remember reading something about this over there some time ago... I think they diagnosed and fixed the problem.....
Do you possibly remember the tittle of the topic??

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ride5000 said:
clean/replace air filter will look into that tommorow
clean maf sensor have no idea how to do this, please help
pour bottle of drygas into gas tank what is it and where can i get it?
don't let your tank get so low Thats really not an issue, I am not going to try to keep my gastank above half full all the time, its a problem that needs to get fixed, and keeping the tank always full is not a solution. I usually fill up gas and then let it get ot E and refill, I tihnk its better for the car that way

hth
ken
Thanks for yout help I'll look into some of those, please respond with some instructions please. Thanks!

-Luke

·
Administrator
26,609 Posts
I'm curious if the previous owner had an upgraded fuel pump and replaced it with the stocker incorrectly. Just throwing out my $.02, take it for what it's worth ($.01 lately:tongue: )

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Trainrex said:
I'm curious if the previous owner had an upgraded fuel pump and replaced it with the stocker incorrectly. Just throwing out my $.02, take it for what it's worth ($.01 lately:tongue: )
I am not sure, no information provided to me about that. bought it from a dealership

·
Registered
664 Posts
get rid of that junk blow off valve... switch in a stock bov, change the fuel filter reset the ecu, and pray to the engine gods

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MidnightFLAT4 said:
get rid of that junk blow off valve... switch in a stock bov, change the fuel filter reset the ecu, and pray to the engine gods
i dont ahve stock bov, i will prob put in aps dual valve, dont know how to switch fuel filter, might goto oil change place and ask them to do it. Alreadyr eset ECU. Im gonna bring the car in on tuesday.

Tommorow strut bars go on

1 - 20 of 25 Posts