ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been getting consistent water accumulation under the carpet on the rear passenger side floor area. I keep on soaking up the water and it still returns. It has not rained in months but at night it gets foggy since i live by the beach. Anyone have any clue as to where this water may be coming from? It fills back up not related to when i wash it either.

Thanks,

Ross

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,233 Posts
The only openings are the doors and glass. First suspect would be the door; see if there is a drain in the door that is clogged and check the rubber around it too.

I swear I have seen this before, posted here somewhere. Do a search, I bet it's been asked recently. Sorry I don't recall more but I know the truth is out there.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Check the A/C drain line in your passenger firewall (right behind the downpipe); it has a tendency to melt and drain water right where you're talking about...

Ask how I know :rolleyes:

·
29,233 Posts
Wait, that's right! I misunderstood and thought you were referring to the rear seat! Oops. For the front, yes, absolutely suspect the A/C drain. It could be damaged, kinked, or clogged. IGNORE my previous post.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am referring to the rear seat... I checked the AC drain line. that was my first guess but it seems to be intact. and there is no water whatsoever in the front passenger floor area.

·
29,233 Posts
I am referring to the rear seat... I checked the AC drain line. that was my first guess but it seems to be intact. and there is no water whatsoever in the front passenger floor area.
Ah, OK then. My first post stands then. Suspect the door drain or seal somehow.

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,730 Posts
Do you have a sunroof? My first car had one and the seals were rotting, so every time it rained my rear floor flooded. I know you said no rain, but water could still accumulate that way.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I don't suppose you have an STI with an intercooler spray tank in the trunk?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
I don't suppose you have an STI with an intercooler spray tank in the trunk?
Good call. Hose could have rotted or kinked, and that line goes right by the rear seat.

Still have to plumb the lines for the tank you sent me. Got the STI trunk carpet and tank installed though.

Would also check rear window seals.

Sent from my Droid 2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts