ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I got my Helix DP/UP and cat back installed and it ROX like crack injected into the veins of a junkie. Feelin the mod most def..

however, the A/C waste tube is slowly melting because it is right up against the DP.

I read somewhere that I can remove the C-Clip, move it to another hole close by, and VIOLA! The rube will be in a safe spot.

Racing Trenz installed this, and because it;s not HKS and i bought through the NET rather than them, they are saying they cant help me.

since I did'nt do the install, I'm not sure if I can get this done without lifting my car. IF that's the case, i'm scrooged cause I got no jack/ramps etc....

I'm thinking a pair of plyers will do the trick, but does anyone know if I can get this tube relocated by going through the top of the engine???? If not, can anyoen ehlp me out tomorrow before more of it melts?

Thanks fellaz

·
Registered
135 Posts
Iron_Armz said:
Ok, so I got my Helix DP/UP and cat back installed and it ROX like crack injected into the veins of a junkie. Feelin the mod most def..

however, the A/C waste tube is slowly melting because it is right up against the DP.

I read somewhere that I can remove the C-Clip, move it to another hole close by, and VIOLA! The rube will be in a safe spot.

Racing Trenz installed this, and because it;s not HKS and i bought through the NET rather than them, they are saying they cant help me.

since I did'nt do the install, I'm not sure if I can get this done without lifting my car. IF that's the case, i'm scrooged cause I got no jack/ramps etc....

I'm thinking a pair of plyers will do the trick, but does anyone know if I can get this tube relocated by going through the top of the engine???? If not, can anyoen ehlp me out tomorrow before more of it melts?

Thanks fellaz
bend it out of the way and sort of set it on the ledge next to the downpipe. it should stay far enough away from the downpipe that it won't melt. at least that's how it was "fixed" my car.

interesting to hear that racing trenz won't bend a hose in a different direction for the cost of your dp install.

·
Registered
739 Posts
My AC dump tube is resting on the ledge and it's out of the way of my Helix dp.

They aint touching my honda.

Ry-Guy said:
That's why you don't get stuff installed at Trenz unless you have a Honda. Just curious, what did they charge for the install?

-Ryan

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gracias

I had the Helix UP/DP, HKS carbon ti cat back, HKS TT, WORX BOV and STi wing installed for 5 bills.....

I know for a fact that Huoang over at Speed Image would've charged way less, but I had'nt been to trenz in a long minute and wanted to give em a go...

i'ma try the fix today and let you know how it goes..thanks for the feedback

·
Registered
43 Posts
You all should('ve) check(ed) out Speedy Roopair in Aurora, 303-343-3619, for ANY and ALL your Subaru needs! Quality service(s) for VERY reasonable prices.

·
Registered
135 Posts
regg01 said:
You all should('ve) check(ed) out Speedy Roopair in Aurora, 303-343-3619, for ANY and ALL your Subaru needs! Quality service(s) for VERY reasonable prices.
yeah i bought my AP there, very helpful guy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts