ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I installed my lines, pads, and Motul fluid yesterday and everything went pretty smooth except a couple of the lines just won't stay off the struts. They have a freakin mind of their own. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Shane

·
Registered
956 Posts
maybe zip ties or something to hold them. I let them hang on my golf but yet to install my lines yet as I got the same ones. zip ties may break after time but some good ones might not.

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
Do you have them installed on the strut tab correctly? Picture of where they're going?

I never had a problem w/ mine moving/rubbing.

Big Sky

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm pretty sure that I have them on the strut tabs properly, and it's only the left rear that is rubbing. Actually, I'm not sure that it actually "rubs" but it wants to touch the strut just above the tab and when you try to move the line it just springs back against the strut. When you flex the suspension, it doesn't move against the strut it just rides along with it. I will try to get a picture of it tomorrow.

·
Registered
122 Posts
When you install the lines, you want to make sure they're not twisted in any way. That's what is making it spring back into a particular position. When I installed my Goodridge lines, I attached the caliper side first, then made sure the line was straight (bent but not twisted) to the bracket, then from there made sure the line was untwisted to the hard line bracket.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was really careful not to twist them but I guess that one got twisted somehow. :( I think I am going to zip tie a piece of rubber hose over it to keep it from rubbing until I can get another bottle of Motul.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts