ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anyone knows any tricks getting a OEM strut and spring back in the front. No matter what I do I can't get enough room to bolt the strut back to wheel hub bracket.

·
Registered
368 Posts
are u using a lift or are u using a jack stand? if on a lift. have another person push down on the A arm and then u push in the strut. if using jack stands, same thing...have someone push down on the A arm. i know this because i did my suspension myself and when putting everything back together, i needed a hand pushing down the A arm. hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Donkey-Daddy_Digital has the idea of what the problem is. The hub is too high for the mounts of the strut.

@Daddy_Digital-Thanks, I was thinking the same thing as you. I used jack stands. and j I had two people pull down on the A arm. Still no luck. I needed another inch or so. I spoke to a mechanic about it. He said to pull the hub off. The springs are pretty stiff as they are brand-new factory springs. (Got really sick of true coilovers)

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Could be the cv joint/axle is keeping it from goin down. Rotate the axle and it might drop pretty easily.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts