ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is not the best situation i know but i just replaced my clutch on my 03. however i did not replace or machine the flywheel. i was told that on a scale of 10 my was still at about a 5 or a 6. the clutch i put in was an exedy stage one clutch. my question is how much is this going to effect my clutch? again i know this is not the best situation but it's temporary so please go easy on me lol

·
Registered
93 Posts
machining a flywheel is somewhat like machining a rotor, just makes for a nice new smooth contact surface, no "grooves"(sometimes the grooves arent noticeable to the human eye, but none the less), now this is all from what ive gathered thus far(ive only had the chance to do a few clutch jobs), so keep asking as im not piticularly sure(ive never done a job or seen anyone do a job where they didnt machine it or replace it, not to nay say ya but, im not too sure what the results would REALLY be ya know what i mean?), anyways, if you get any experienced answers to your query, let me know, curiosity is killing my cat currently, lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts