ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help Diagnose this, please! rough idle *videos*

Ok, so the past few days, whenever I start my car, the Rpms will dip to around 200, then "bounce" up to normal idle of around 6-700. It feels like the engine is going to stall. Also, whenever I put my foot on the clutch, the rpm's will do the same, dip down like about to stall, then back to normal. It is really annoying and I am worried about my car.

I did some searching under "rough idle", and figured it may be spark plug misfires or a bad maf sensor. There are no CEL's and I cleaned the maf sensor an hour ago with non-corosive brake cleaner but that did not work. Could it just be the spark plugs?

Vids: -Startup
http://www.beergoggles.org/subaru/rpms start.MOV
-when i put my foot on the clutch
http://www.beergoggles.org/subaru/rpms highway.MOV
^^^ thanks to brianH for hosting

Thanks
-Chris

edit: mods are turboback, uppipe, intercooler hoses, and AccessPort. I have had no problems with these mods in the past 5 months when i got them installed

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I'm guessing intake leak. Had any service recently? New air filter? Removed hoses? Cracked y-pipe?

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to put on my stock BOV on tonight, check all of my hoses, and check the the idle control valve. The Y pipe is a Perrin that I've had for the past 1000 miles with no problems. I had just recently put my stock intake on.

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
I agree, double check all your hoses, and swap the BOV back to stock. In other makes of cars I've seen lazy IAC valves (intake air control) cause this.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, first if all it f-ing freezing outside. I swapped my BOV, that wasnt the problem. I checked all of my hoses, making sure they were free, and its still happening. I am getting really fustrated. I'm taking it to my dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
have the dealer run a diagnostic check for either a bad idle control valve or bad o2 sensors...i had em both on mine and my car ran like crap till the fixed it and all i have on my car is a catback

1 - 7 of 7 Posts