ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking into buying a boost controller for my wrx. however i dont really have $400 to spend on a turbo xs computerized one. would it be a good idea to get a manual one or is there a better option? im not sure

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
im looking into buying a boost controller for my wrx. however i dont really have $400 to spend on a turbo xs computerized one. would it be a good idea to get a manual one or is there a better option? im not sure
what's wrong with the stocker?

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts

·
Registered
4,142 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
um

umm i didnt even know that ther was a stock boost controller. lol where exactly is it and how can i adjust it. also im really curious how much boost a stock wrx comes with and what you guys might suggest to up it to. i dont wanna push it too hard.

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
umm i didnt even know that ther was a stock boost controller. lol where exactly is it and how can i adjust it. also im really curious how much boost a stock wrx comes with and what you guys might suggest to up it to. i dont wanna push it too hard.
you can not alter the stock boost controller you can get engine management and a catless exhaust system and turn up the boost thru engine management

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
you can not alter the stock boost controller you can get engine management and a catless exhaust system and turn up the boost thru engine management
+1

Our cars come from the factory with electronic boost controll, in the factory ECU there are tables where target values are set for boost control.

Make proper engine management your first mod. Either buy from Cobb, or start reading and do it yourself with RomRaider/Enginuity.

Cranking the boost is not going to give solid power gains as you are doing nothing to the fuel and timing values in the ECU. Proper tuning is key.

IkeTuner - you said you don't have $400 to spend - so I would honestly recommend leaving the car alone until you do have some money to spend on it. When you start making changes, little unnoticed problems can sometimes change into something more noticable. Perhaps look into the stage 1 map available from XPT as a starting point.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well respected answer. thankyou guys for the input, it was very helpfull

1 - 9 of 9 Posts