Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I know others have had this same problem before but i've searched rigorously and can't find a solution. I have a 2018 WRX 6MT.

My car started to make a chirping noise at the low rpm range. Whenever I am between 900rpm - 2000rpm I hear this strange noise. As soon as I press on the clutch, it goes away. I went to the Subaru dealership and had my clutch replaced and after a few days I noticed the noise persisted. I took it back and they changed out the shifter fork as this was the only part that was not replaced last time and the noise persisted.

I took it back to the dealership again and this time they were able to hear the cricket noise which sounds like its coming from the passenger side of the hood but deep down. But no one has noticed this issue on the WRX before.

Can anyone help figure this out??? Thank you so much (i'm at 24k miles, my 3 year warranty ends in 3 weeks)

I've attached videos below:

·
Super Moderator
12,399 Posts
Throw out bearing, or input shaft bearing would be my suspects. Be persistent with this. You have document of the issue prior to warranty expiration.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Throw out bearing, or input shaft bearing would be my suspects. Be persistent with this. You have document of the issue prior to warranty expiration.
Thank you for the quick reply! They replaced the TOB along with the entire clutch assembly which is what’s strange.

I asked about the input shaft bearing and was told that it can’t be the problem because they stay strong even at 400,000 miles

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.