Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received a 2006 Subaru wrx ej25 motor, little brother in law blew the motor cause he never changed oil. He than swapped a jdm ej20 motor and it was running well at the time now. It’s been sitting collecting dust for over 2 years and I’m taking over . So now the it doesn’t rev pass 4000 rpm in neutral or driving.

·
Super Moderator
11,736 Posts
Received a 2006 Subaru wrx ej25 motor, little brother in law blew the motor cause he never changed oil. He than swapped a jdm ej20 motor and it was running well at the time now. It’s been sitting collecting dust for over 2 years and I’m taking over . So now the it doesn’t rev pass 4000 rpm in neutral or driving.
What all have you done to the car so far. You didn't just walk in and fire it up and go for a spin.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I pretty much just started and took it for a spin. Don’t know to much about Subaru but want to learn I just ordered all the fluids and going to do coolant flush and change oil, and I’m not sure if I’m in valet mode. How can I tell ?

·
Super Moderator
11,736 Posts
Yeah I pretty much just started and took it for a spin. Don’t know to much about Subaru but want to learn I just ordered all the fluids and going to do coolant flush and change oil, and I’m not sure if I’m in valet mode. How can I tell ?
The fuel could be bad causing a misfire bad enough to send the car into limp mode. You could have seized the turbo from bad oil as well, although that isn't really something to be super concerned about, just know it can happen.

When a car sits for long periods of time like that seals dry out and gaskets can have issues when the engine is first brought to temp or put under stress.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts