ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so im in a predicament. I really want a 2011 wrx hatch, but its like 2-3k out of my price range atm... i could get a used 2009 for like 8k cheaper i guess i could get the sti but i dont want my insurance to ski rocket, the only thing that i really want out of the 2011 is the flared fenders. but dont want to wait like 6-8 months? what would you guys do!?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,225 Posts
I'd buy the car I actually want, with no plans or intentions of modifying it in any way, when and if I could afford to do so. Just wait.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
I would agree with SD,wait for a while.I planned on buying the 2010 in March 2010.Luckily I didn't.I saw the car at the NY autoshow in April,and had to wait till August to order.I was able to order only in Sepetember & got the car in December 2010.You can use the time to save up & research on the car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I third that. If you compromise now for the sake of a couple G's, you will 4 sure regret it sooner or later. I waited for the 11 WRX, saved more money and, by the time I bought it had enough for the premium hatch. I have nothign against the 09/10 they are awesome WRX's, just the STI bodykit makes the WRX in 11.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yes, definitely wait if you can. I rushed myself a bit to get a 2011 WRX, and the only color in the state for a premium trim was satin white pearl. While i love the car, I sometimes wish I had waited for another color (too many white cars here). Sure enough 3 weeks later the dealership got the color I wanted in a premium trim.

When you are putting up $20K+ for a car its best to make sure you are getting what you truly want with very little compromise. Its no fun taking a large $ hit to correct the mistake, or regretting the decision later.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll sell you mine for $24k :)
but id totally buy yours. If I wast trading in

Well I really can't wait long. I have to trade-in. And the longer I wait the less the car will be. I started my hunt for this car 1will month ago and the trade-in value has dropped over 1k. So me wait trying save isn't really going to work out well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I went looking for used a WRX when I was finally in the position to buy one. I found a beautiful black 08 with only 24k miles (this was a month ago) at a Chevy dealership. They gave me a payment I was happy with and wanted me to sign. I (read: my wife) decided I needed to go talk to an actual Subaru dealership about a new one before I made any decisions. I went to the dealership about 100 miles away from home. I am now driving an '11 in Spark Silver. All the miles are mine. It smells wonderful. It's the greatest thing ever.

Have you actually talked to a dealership about a new one? You will be surprised how much happier banks are to finance a new car than they are to finance a used one. I was.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went looking for used a WRX when I was finally in the position to buy one. I found a beautiful black 08 with only 24k miles (this was a month ago) at a Chevy dealership. They gave me a payment I was happy with and wanted me to sign. I (read: my wife) decided I needed to go talk to an actual Subaru dealership about a new one before I made any decisions. I went to the dealership about 100 miles away from home. I am now driving an '11 in Spark Silver. All the miles are mine. It smells wonderful. It's the greatest thing ever.

Have you actually talked to a dealership about a new one? You will be surprised how much happier banks are to finance a new car than they are to finance a used one. I was.
Yea I have a friend who works for the dealership the lowest i could get it for is 200 above invoice. Which is still two for me to get financed cuz if my income. But I found an 09all with only 17klike miles and some engine mods...it was ammmazing!

·
29,225 Posts
Yea I have a friend who works for the dealership the lowest i could get it for is 200 above invoice. Which is still two for me to get financed cuz if my income. But I found an 09all with only 17klike miles and some engine mods...it was ammmazing!
Are you aware of the 09 engine problems? Does the ammmazing {SIC} car have a VIN that puts it in the problematic group? Has the repair been done?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you aware of the 09 engine problems? Does the ammmazing {SIC} car have a VIN that puts it in the problematic group? Has the repair been done?
Was not aware of this. Do you have a link with more info or know more about this??

·
29,225 Posts

·
29,225 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In addition to the two links in my edited post above, that you should see first, then also have a look at this discussion; it's interesting because the inclusive dates may not be set in stone.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/134337779-2009-model-year-engine-failures-debate.html
Thank you for pointing this out! I did the research on the car and contacted the dealership with the car and got a carfax. All the models this was/is happening to is the first builds coming out, till subaru issued a stop sale on them. The vin numbers affected were the 80xxxx. And with a build date of sometime in 08. The model im looking at has a build date in 09. Pretty sure im in the clear! :redface:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK so i realized that i want the 2011! lol so thank you for all you input, a buddy of mine is hooking me up! The only problem now is what color to get?! :\

·
29,225 Posts
OK so i realized that i want the 2011! lol so thank you for all you input, a buddy of mine is hooking me up! The only problem now is what color to get?! :\
Glad it worked out. I can tell you Subaru paint is less than brilliant, and black is very difficult to keep clean and looking new. If it were me, I'd go for a grey of some sort. Tastes vary though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok so i Think im going to go with WRB! do any of you have a lik or post that talks about the "proper" way to break the car in?

·
Registered
21 Posts
The WRB is pretty, but also very attention getting (cops). It definitely looks nice though. Mine is Spark Silver Metallic, it looks pretty classy. I like it. If the paint has the problems people claim it does, I'll probably have it repainted eventually and most likely in some shade of white. They look super sporty and clean in white.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts