ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haha hey there everybody I am in need of some help. What happend was I bought a wrx 2002 to be precise (my favorite style) and I got the car home drove it to work and started to hear the dreaded rod knock. I had it towed to a dealership and the motor is blown. The car is completely stock except for a catback exhaust the previous owner had instlled. I refuse to go and replace it with another stock motor and Im thinking of going STI. Ive found a couple of options but to be honest I have no idea which of these would even fit or really where to begin looking.

JDM Engine Corp Engine Details - Subaru WRX STi Impreza JDM EJ20T EJ20 Turbo Engine Trans Z4 ECU
or
JDM Engine Corp Engine Details - Subaru WRX STI V8 JDM EJ20 Turbo Engine Only EJ20T

So here are my questions plain and simple.
How much money am I looking to spend if I do go STI?
What other mods is going STI going to require?
Is there anywhere online that is reliable to get these sort of parts?
After all this should I just go stock?

Thanks so much for any help that you guys can come up with.
Sincerely,
Ralph

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi.. I hope you didn't put standard fuel in it instead of the mandatory 98 octane. That can kill them as they run hot and have other nasty side effects especially if you are getting up it a little as you do with new toys. Second, if you are going to buy another motor, get a 2.5lt out of a newer version. They are no dearer and have a LOT more torque. You can bolt all your old bits, heads etc onto a 2.5. Hope you get it sorted..

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
If you have no idea about these cars and what to do then just go with a stock replacement.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i'd go with a legacy turbo engine as the later models have the dual active valve system like the sti ...and always cheaper and more upgradable from that..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts