Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP ME! I just got my short shifter installed by a local import shop and it is very stiff and ahrd to shift. The guy said it will smooth out after a little bit but its rough and hard now because it is brand new. I am just checking if this is ture, and how long before it softens up? The manual says it is suppsoed to go into each gear very smoothly right after installation, so I am not sure what is going on? Someone please fill me in if this is sture, and about how long does it take to smooth out, an dis there anyway to speed up the process? HELP!

·
Registered
153 Posts
First thing I would do is take the console off and make sure everything is seated properly.
Even if it is, I would pull it out of there and try to re-seat it myself.
It is super easy, nothing to worry about.
If you can get it to seat properly, make sure the shop gets quite a phone call.

My ss (not B&M) worked perfectly as soon as installation was done. I think they fed you a line.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like it, I got it installed at Driver's Image in Skokie. They also did a grill for me. I will call them on Monday to make an appt where they can fix it. Its really really ahrd tos hift, I think its getting worse. I ddint want to do it myself because I dont have a lift.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts