ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the deal with winter wheels? Why do people take off their nice summer wheels for winter wheels? I want to get some wheels, but should I wait till summer? Anyone? :sadwave:

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
All the salt, magnesium cloride, and sand eats at them and makes them ugly. Also, for a winter tire, you want it to be skinnier to "cut" through the snow and get better grip and most aftermarket rims are wider. Plus its a PITA to switch the tires every winter (take to store, wait, and pay) as opposed to switching the whole wheel/tire package.

·
Registered
342 Posts
yeah us floridians dont have to worry about that :) because it never snows so NO you dont have to wait until summer lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
snow sucks!!!!! changing wheels for winter also will save you a ton of money. It has happened to us all at one time, snow +speed+ice+traffic=slide into curb, destruction of really expensive beautiful wheels. Find cheap wheels, buy snow tires, save beauty for summer..........

·
Registered
129 Posts
just sucks when you're brakes dont allow you anything less than a 17" wheel...

i'll be there by this time next year...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmm...so that sucks. So you all think I should just save my money and buy wheels when spring comes around?

·
Banned
5,806 Posts
I'd wait to put nicer wheels on until the spring. You can slam the stockers into all the curbs you want and just go :redface:

If you slam nice expensive wheels into the curb, you might go :mad: :sadwave:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts