ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 subaru wrx fa20 full stage 2 I was driving and pulled up to a red light and shifted into neutral and noticed the car would go back into gear at all and the clutch pedal felt looser than normal I couldn't get it into any gear without force so I turned car off and after a min of trying I got the car in 1st tried starting the car and as it turned over it would roll like the clutch pedal wasn't working so I tried to shift into 2nd but nothing and I got frustrated and hit my shifter now its like it broke something the shifter just wobbles so now its stuck in 3rd shifter does nothing please help

·
12,300 Posts
Sounds like a combination of issues. Clutch, shift linkages, and anger management.

I'd first address the broken linkages. I think the va chassis is a cable system so take out the center console and look around, if not check the top of the tranny.

Then address the clutch. If the pedal isn't working it could be a few things. Either way check the fluid and see if pedal throw does anything to the clutch fluid. If not pull the transmission and check the clutch itself

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a combination of issues. Clutch, shift linkages, and anger management.

I'd first address the broken linkages. I think the va chassis is a cable system so take out the center console and look around, if not check the top of the tranny.

Then address the clutch. If the pedal isn't working it could be a few things. Either way check the fluid and see if pedal throw does anything to the clutch fluid. If not pull the transmission and check the clutch itself

I have the center console out and shifters off dont see anything broke unless the shifter assembly itself is broke and was thinking master cylinder for the clutch

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
The good news is we know the cause for the shifter damage, so it should be easier to narrow down... This brings a new context to "beating on the car."

·
12,300 Posts
Yeah, those cables are not as burly as a hard linkage setup. Slapping the shifter can stretch or detach them easier. Glad you got it sorted out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts